Cannabis and type 1

Benbaclat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narrow minded arrogant people. Bradford . Rainy days
hi, is it true that cannabis use is benificial in many ways for type 1 diabetes? Does anyone have any experience of this?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Do a search on the subject of "cannabis" in the search tool, top right of the forum. & you will find plenty of debate (& even lighthearted banter.) on the subject..

Regarding my own "experience" in my youth.. It didn't have any impact on my diabetes control. "The jury is out" on that one.
If anything? It made me more "lapse" in managment regarding all aspects of my life.. (In retrospect.)
Lol, if I took a more "scientific" aproach these days for a year with access to a CGM & a ton of weed? I would probably be divorced... ;)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would get the munchies and that wouldn't help anything. And weed is so different now.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would get the munchies and that wouldn't help anything. And weed is so different now.

That's true! One does also build up a tolerance... A number of years ago whilst gigging in Switzerland, an Austrian outfit gave the bass player & I some green.
Seasoned "tokers" at the time, (with a reasonable "tolerance".) We both went outside for air. The bassist turned to me & said "I'm not having any more of that, I don't know how they function."
I was glad he'd owned up & said it.. It was the beginning of the end of touching the stuff for me!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

It was the beginning of the end of touching the stuff for me!
I have smoked it once in 1976, it came from a dam construction site near Mt Isa where we used to live.
The first and last time for me as well, I do not know about the munchies but I had a thirst I could drink the brewery well dry.

Cannabis for medical purposes is legal here in Queensland.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have smoked it once in 1976, it came from a dam construction site near Mt Isa where we used to live.
The first and last time for me as well, I do not know about the munchies but I had a thirst I could drink the brewery well dry.

Cannabis for medical purposes is legal here in Queensland.

I was diagnosed in the summer of 76.. :cool:

Funny story in 78 my mum started letting "lodgings" to students. She took in this one guy, long hair, wore black, listened to Black Sabbath? Really nice guy like the older brother I never had.. He used to be hanging out the window as I came home from school & was realy happy to see me as I came up the path..
Soooooo, one day my mum mentioned this "strange smell" in his rented room and asked me what I thought it was.. I was only 10 at the time, what would I know..! I had no idea.. My mum was a really accepting woman. But would have been horrified if she'd been "clued up?"

Lol, thinking back he was "imbibing" out the window & the smell was blowing back into the room. :hilarious:

Totally off topic I know. But you do have to roll with the banter on this subject! :D

Last edited:

bennycrock

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi, is it true that cannabis use is benificial in many ways for type 1 diabetes? Does anyone have any experience of this?

I have been a T1 Diabetic for 23 years (diagnosed at 10) on and off through my life I have smoked weed. In my early years it was used as a numbing agent to get over troubles at the time then I stopped for about 8 years just because I couldn't really afford it. Now I am back smoking it again but it's more scientific these days. I've read it's spose to help stabilise blood sugar and help my eye condtion. For the best part I can honestly say I'm feeling better about my eye condtion but the jury is still out about the bloods as I don't really test to often (I know bad diabetic) hope this helps

Unjustified

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arrogant people and liars
I used to "smoke" back in the '00's and as for blood sugars, only time it would affect them is from not giving myself the right dose of insulin for all the food I was eating with the munchies. As for eye problems, I now have severe retinopathy.... Could it have been avoided if I kept smoking? possibly.... But then the tobacco used with such drugs are bad for your eyes anyway. Who knows, a lot more clinical trials certainly need to be done on the subject.

Bogusman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
I am not a smoker as such but I do take a couple of joints every weekend when I am having a drink. Does it do my Diabetes any good? I doubt it, does it do me any harm? I doubt it, but it certainly makes me laugh and have a good time :)

Reactions: bennycrock

erick147

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read about the uses of cannabis for diabetes. But I've never used it. If anyone has had a good experience, please tell us your experience.

Last edited: