Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
the last couple of weeks ive noticed im not that hungry
i will eat breakfast so i can take my metformin
im happy to go until tea time with nothing else then ill take my second dose
before that i was allways hungry but was also on mirtazapine which makes you hungry
im not complaining about the lower appetite as its helping me lose weight
these are results after metformin
weight loss for the past few weeks in pounds
+5.5 (water retention)
-0.5-
before i was gaining almost every week
im still doing slimming world but made a few swaps eg muller lights to full fat greek yogurt
i can eat basmati rice but not normal rice
so i tend to stick to pretty much the same meals
2.5lb off my 1 stone :)

=

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
actually sounds wonderful that you have a much easier time loosing weight... keep an eye on your appetite , maybe it doest continue being an appetite suppressor good luck !
I do not really understand what your numbers mean... so maybe it will help if you write what it is , is it blood glucose or weight ?
or something else ?

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
actually sounds wonderful that you have a much easier time loosing weight... keep an eye on your appetite , maybe it doest continue being an appetite suppressor good luck !
I do not really understand what your numbers mean... so maybe it will help if you write what it is , is it blood glucose or weight ?
or something else ?
the numbers are my weight loss and gains over the past few weeks........sorry i should have said

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin is an appetite suppressant.
This could be why you aren't feeling hungry.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin totally took my appetite away and changed the way some things tasted. I couldn't face meat of any sort . By the time I had reached the 1000 mg twice a day I was hardly eating anything I lost weight that I did not need to my doctor told me to reduce the dose until I felt my appetite had come back I am now on 500mg once a day and eating normally again

Pipox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wish it had suppressed my appetite - I eat for England - I'm on Sukkarto and Sitagliptin at the moment and crave toast and naughty food!!! I'll do my best to avoid the wrong foods and stick to the healthy low carb stuff but cannot:
A. Lose weight
B. Get my sugars down!!

I'm due a review next week and pretty sure I'll get put on the insulin jabs - the last thing I need!!

Any suggestions anyone??

TIA

Pippa

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never found that metformin did anything to reduce my appetite either - however cutting carbs right down and replacing them with more fats (i.e. LCHF) certainly helps to stop me feeling hungry.

Robbity

Reactions: zand

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
metformin hasnt stopped me eating, changing the way i eat has made me lose weight , i am also on sw but low carb too but not high fat, ALL my numbers are down :D i eat alot

38candy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just started metformin and I am feeling tired since to twice a day. How long does it takeadjustment

D

Deleted member 308541

metformin hasnt stopped me eating, changing the way i eat has made me lose weight
The same here, I am on 2 x 500 ml Metformin XR tablets a day, and I eat the same as before I started taken them except now it's a mlchf diet.

Reactions: 38candy