Set Change Day

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do the set change first thing in the morning before I've had anything to eat.
Just a thought - if I get up and have no bolus - even when I'm not eating yet - I will always, always go high. Perhaps it's as simple as 'foot on floor syndrome'?

For instance, if I'm getting up and going to the gym or for a run, I always have breakfast when I get back, but I still have a small bolus of insulin when I get up even though I'm not eating.

So it might be that the delay in breakfast (as you are using some time to change your cannula) and therefore the delay in breakfast insulin on the mornings you are changing is making a difference. Just a thought!

:)

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it would be better if the TBR went on an hour before as the effect isn't immediate, either that or a small bolus.
Yes I agree, although I do my set change first thing after being in the shower. I suppose I could set up a pattern in my pump for these days.

Just a thought - if I get up and have no bolus - even when I'm not eating yet - I will always, always go high. Perhaps it's as simple as 'foot on floor syndrome'?

For instance, if I'm getting up and going to the gym or for a run, I always have breakfast when I get back, but I still have a small bolus of insulin when I get up even though I'm not eating.

So it might be that the delay in breakfast (as you are using some time to change your cannula) and therefore the delay in breakfast insulin on the mornings you are changing is making a difference. Just a thought!

I'm not even totally convinced my ratios are right in the morning anymore, so it could even be this.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do my set change first thing after being in the shower.
So depending on how long you shower, you've already been disconnected for a while before you do your set change. Perhaps that might have some bearing.

We're all different and maybe not everyone has this, but the act of getting out of bed, pump disconnected and into the shower and out again can cause my own sugar to go from around 5 to 9 if I haven't taken any insulin yet. And I don't even shower for very long.