Type 2 Holidaying abroad.

xlisa23x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am going on holiday in ten days time to Malta. Will I need a letter from my doctor about my medication (tablets). I asked the doctors receptionist yesterday and she didn't have a clue. I don't want to get to the airport and they take all my meds off me I know you need one for type 1 as my mum needed to get one but what about type 2?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely no need. Type 1s need a letter because they carry needles for injecting.

Reactions: xlisa23x

Christina0308

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, going to Lanzarote next week and taking glucose monitor just to keep a check on levels, hand luggage or case.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, going to Lanzarote next week and taking glucose monitor just to keep a check on levels, hand luggage or case.

Hand luggage so there's less chance of losing it. There will be no issues at security.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am going on holiday in ten days time to Malta. Will I need a letter from my doctor about my medication (tablets). I asked the doctors receptionist yesterday and she didn't have a clue. I don't want to get to the airport and they take all my meds off me I know you need one for type 1 as my mum needed to get one but what about type 2?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
I am type 2 but inject insulin and all I have ever been asked is is there anything sharp and I tell them what I have. I also carry a copy of my prescription and they are satisfied with that. You can also get a form letter from some of the companies like Bayer or one touch and just print it off yourself.
Enjoy the holiday!