Medtronic MiniMed 640G System

emitrou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, I've been on my Medtronic 640G for almost 4 months now and am absolutely made up with it! Absolutely love the pump. Am still tweaking my levels but am getting there. My HBA1C was 7.1 last week so just about same as when I was on pens. I'm sure with a bit more tweaking that will come down nicely. :)
How long did it take you in order to have a lower HBA1C? I am using the pump for 6 months now and my HBA1C is higher than when I used pens?

emitrou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Emitrou - you are replying to a thread that's over a year old here, I can put your post into it's own thread if you wish ?

What targets have you set yourself and what's your current HbA1C ? In regards to using the pump, have you tried any basal testing to check your background ratios are set correctly ? Other than that it's down to tweaking your bolus ratios as well as the carb ratios and insulin sensitivity ?
Thank you for the instant reply.
By mistake I didn't see that I replied to an old post :)
Regarding the ratios I have set them with my endocrinologist so there is no problem with that. Probably there is a "grace period" when someone is into the pump,different for each other where you are following the rule of "trial & error". At present my HbA1C is 8,3 but I am planning in a couple of days to use the enlite sensors hoping to bring it down to a lower level.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @emitrou - moved into your own thread now :)

Generally with using a pump, reviews should happen on an ongoing basis with checking the ratios are set properly, it can take a while to get these right and still in time they will change for various reasons so weather, stress, exercise, weight gain or loss etc - do you upload your results into Carelink and then review with your endo on an ongoing basis ?

Doing some basal testing yourself will also help to see if the basal ratios are right: https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Regarding the ratios I have set them with my endocrinologist so there is no problem with that. Probably there is a "grace period" when someone is into the pump,different for each other where you are following the rule of "trial & error". At present my HbA1C is 8,3 but I am planning in a couple of days to use the enlite sensors hoping to bring it down to a lower level.

I'm wondering if you've read the book Pumping Insulin by John Walsh & Ruth Roberts, it teaches you to get the best out of a pump and how to adjust your own basal rates and I:C ratio's, the book comes highly recommended by the pump users on the forum.

Reactions: paulpapa