- Last Activity:
- Apr 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM
- Nov 26, 2012
- Trophy Points:
- Positive ratings received:
- Finance Manager
Share This Page
Moderator, Female, from Worcestershire
Type 1 ? You having a giraffe !! Oct 2, 2015
- Juicyj was last seen:
- Viewing member profile Morlador, Apr 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM
- Finance Manager
- Type of diabetes:
- Type 1
- Treatment type:
- Novorapid, Levothyroxine and red wine.
- Dog, bike and running around like a legless chicken..
- Living life to the full, travelling, sunshine, helping others, smiles and my gorgeous daughter.
Diagnosed type 1 - 6 years ago after a week's skiing holiday during which I skied my first black run and then celebrated by drinking a can of coke, in fact I didn't stop drinking coke that week.. .
- Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I try hard to not let type 1 rule my life, it's like walking a tightrope every day. However I challenge myself to defy this condition, so continue to ski each year, taken up riding a road bike, started running in 2017. I also try to raise money where I can to support t1 related charities, in particular Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and in 2016 completed a parachute jump raising £750, in 2017 I completed the 102 mile Cotswold Way Walk raising £1320, currently running a marathon in 28 days for JDRF and shake a bucket annually for Diabetes UK, I also get involved in T1 research programs whenever possible.
My motto is to take one day at a time, keep your sense of humour and don't take life too seriously, it's too short to be pessimistic..
SignatureCommunity - what everyone should know:
- Newly diagnosed: what you should know
- Blood glucose test strip access
- Questions to ask at a diabetes clinic
- Low Carb Program - it's made front-page news of the New Scientist and The Times. Developed with 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes; 96% of people who take part recommend it... find out why
- Hypo Program - improve your understanding of hypos. There's a version for people with diabetes, parents/guardians of children with type 1, children with type 1 diabetes, teachers and HCPs.