Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »Dismiss Notice
Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.Dismiss Notice
Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.Dismiss Notice
- Last Activity:
- Feb 28, 2021 at 5:29 PM
- Nov 26, 2012
- Trophy Points:
- Positive ratings received:
- Finance Manager
Share This Page
Moderator, Female, from Worcestershire
Get my new pump next week, whoop whoop, keep on pumping ! Jan 16, 2020
- Juicyj was last seen:
- Viewing thread Metformin and back pain?, Feb 28, 2021 at 5:29 PM
- Finance Manager
- Type of diabetes:
- Type 1
- Treatment type:
- Novorapid, Levothyroxine and red wine.
- Dog, bike and running around like a legless chicken..
- Living life to the full, running, cycling, skiing, travelling, sunshine, helping others and big smiles.
Diagnosed type 1 - in 2013 after a week's skiing holiday during which I skied my first black run and then celebrated by drinking a can of coke, in fact I didn't stop drinking coke that week...
- Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I try hard to not let type 1 rule my life, it's like walking a tightrope every day. However I challenge myself to defy this condition, so continue to ski each year, taken up riding a road bike, started running in 2017, run each week at various park runs and completed my 50th park run in August 2019.
Take it one day at a time, help others and don't take life too seriously.
SignatureCommunity - what everyone should know:
- Newly diagnosed: what you should know
- Blood glucose test strip access
- Questions to ask at a diabetes clinic
- Forum ethos and rules
- Low Carb Program - it's made front-page news of the New Scientist and The Times. Developed with 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes; 96% of people who take part recommend it... find out why
- Hypo Program - improve your understanding of hypos. There's a version for people with diabetes, parents/guardians of children with type 1, children with type 1 diabetes, teachers and Health Care Professionals.