Plantar Orthotics needed!

bonerp

Hi folks,
Since fracturing my third metatarsal a few years back (nothing heroic - I jumped off a climbing frame and it cracked - 40 years old and should have known better!), I've suffered heel pain on and off.

Have used various insoles including having a bulky set made by the NHS that don't really fit in normal shoes unless I buy something with velcro which just isn't going to happen!

So can you recommend any orthotics that you've found were good? Too many of mine have soft/flexible arches and I've been advised to get ridged supports as the flexible ones don't support a 15 stone / 6ft 1 frame.

My ankles drop inwards and I have a high arch which has pretty much collapsed thanks to a stretched plantar.

I have ordered a pair of corefit self moulding insoles....anyone have good experience of these?

thanks in advance

D

Diabeticliberty

My ex wife suffered from plantar issues. She found a range of shoes called Vionic. They offer excellent support and are not too dowdy looking. She absolutely swears by them. Might be worth some investigation for you :)

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
I have had a couple of bouts of plantar fasciitis, caused by walking on hard surfaces for a long time, hence the common name 'policeman's heel'. The first time it lasted over a year, the second time about a month. The solution is complete rest, just keep off it! My commiserations; it is very painful.

bonerp

My ex wife suffered from plantar issues. She found a range of shoes called Vionic. They offer excellent support and are not too dowdy looking. She absolutely swears by them. Might be worth some investigation for you :)
thanks I currently have a pair of Telic but as they are rubber they seems to break easily which is a shame as they are excellent. Will take a look ty

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Do you do the exercises? I have had this a couple of times and its painful, but the exercises certainly helped.

bonerp

Do you do the exercises? I have had this a couple of times and its painful, but the exercises certainly helped.
Yeah but I'm not sure the stretching is helping as it's been getting worse.
I've received a pair of corefit orthotics so will see how I get on with those. Doc says the tissues need to rest and recover. The support will provide that.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I see. You have my sympathy cos it really hurts. I used to find walking after being in the car for a while was the worst. Good luck with it all.

Reactions: bonerp

hawkeyeuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have you seen a podiatrist about it?