zx1289aq

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my daughter
she is predibetics, she have high numbers of BG after eating
she is 6 years old
all labor tests are fine and good (Ah1c,etc)
her brother is diabetics T1DM from 2 years he is 4 years old now
their grandfather are also TIDM from about 30 years
if you can help us? all of us is very sad case we can do any thing for her , and we now what will she see in future

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 700
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    71.6 KB · Views: 433

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no pre-diabetes for type 1. Pre diabetes is pre type 2 diabetes.

If the blood sugar levels your daughter has after meals aren't high enough to get her diagnosed with diabetes, then she doesn't have diabetes, nor does she have pre diabetes.

What are the blood sugar levels you are seeing in your daughter that make you think they are high? How long after meals are you testing? A random blood sugar (ie not a fasted blood sugar) has to be over 11.1 mmol/l to prompt further investigation into diabetes according to world health organisation diagnostic criteria, so it's entirely normal for non-diabetic people to spike up to 11.1 after eating.

If you are concerned about her risk of developing type 1 you could look into trialnet. This is a clinical trial safety net for anyone aged 4-40 who has a sibling, parent or child with type 1. They will test for the antibodies associated with type 1 diabetes and if they are present they will keep a very close eye on blood sugar to catch type 1 before it develops into a dka situation. They may also have clinical trials running to see if there is benefit to very newly diagnosed type 1s taking medication to extend beta cell life.

https://www.trialnet.org/about-us/trialnet-locations

Last edited:

Wshelledy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The best advice I can give is to be careful with what she's eating. Things like rice, bread and potatoes will raise her bg numbers. Have her eat more of the other foods like meat and vegetables. I wish you and her good luck!

Reactions: john1957

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have a look at preventT1D.org
I don't know if it works but it can't hurt! I am type 1 and so is my dad and my daughter has had some elevetated sugars. I've been giving her the fish oils and she was already taking vitamin D. I haven't given her aspirin as she is only 21 months but I'm trying to follow the anti inflammatory diet, not strictly all the time but as much as possible.

Reactions: zx1289aq

SimonCrox

TrialNet is a probably the best idea if someone is at risk of developing T1DM because of family history. And T1DM may have an onset that is not as abrupt as one thinks

Reactions: zx1289aq

zx1289aq

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no pre-diabetes for type 1. Pre diabetes is pre type 2 diabetes.

If the blood sugar levels your daughter has after meals aren't high enough to get her diagnosed with diabetes, then she doesn't have diabetes, nor does she have pre diabetes.

What are the blood sugar levels you are seeing in your daughter that make you think they are high? How long after meals are you testing? A random blood sugar (ie not a fasted blood sugar) has to be over 11.1 mmol/l to prompt further investigation into diabetes according to world health organisation diagnostic criteria, so it's entirely normal for non-diabetic people to spike up to 11.1 after eating.

If you are concerned about her risk of developing type 1 you could look into trialnet. This is a clinical trial safety net for anyone aged 4-40 who has a sibling, parent or child with type 1. They will test for the antibodies associated with type 1 diabetes and if they are present they will keep a very close eye on blood sugar to catch type 1 before it develops into a dka situation. They may also have clinical trials running to see if there is benefit to very newly diagnosed type 1s taking medication to extend beta cell life.

https://www.trialnet.org/about-us/trialnet-locations
thanks i will try

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How long do you see patches of normal sugars for?
We have days where my daughter eats 30/40g of carb and after 2 hours is still at 100 and others where the same food and amount causes her to be in the 80s at 2 hours. We also get occasional and currently short lived peaks of 140-150. However given all I've read and my history I am pretty certain we are on the type 1 path.

I think all you can do is watch and wait - which is really hard I know.

zx1289aq

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long do you see patches of normal sugars for?
We have days where my daughter eats 30/40g of carb and after 2 hours is still at 100 and others where the same food and amount causes her to be in the 80s at 2 hours. We also get occasional and currently short lived peaks of 140-150. However given all I've read and my history I am pretty certain we are on the type 1 path.

I think all you can do is watch and wait - which is really hard I know.
this for last week

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    71.6 KB · Views: 457

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
They aren't very elevated. Only slightly and the overall average is fine.
Currently she is returning to normal levels quite quickly and on her own so there's no way she could have insulin I wouldn't have thought as she would be hypo.
Have you spoken with a dr?
I think you can only keep an eye on it and perhaps reduce some of the carbs although she isn't eating very high carb anyway and children need some carbs I think.

Sweet_you_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hii i think prediabetes doesn't exist in type 1 diabetics and chances of getting diabetes for the kids is only 5percent if mother is type 1 and if father is type 1 it is 10percent if both are diabetics the chances are little higher compared to normal values.. But type 1 is not completely genetic related its mostly mostly autoimmune although there is some relation with genetics