Accu Chek Spirit Combo Problems - anyone else?

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hey everyone, I use the insulin pump from Accu Chek - Spirit Combo for about 2,5 years and I already had to change it once because of problems regarding the batteries (it kept turning off). That happened one year ago. Now, since last week, I'm having the same problem and I even had to return on using multiple injection because the Customer service still haven't answered me. That's really disappointing.

Has anyone else experienced problems with Accu Chek pumps as well?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi @deborabaratto
can I move your topic to the insulin pumping section ??
I think you would get a quicker response there !!

I don't use an accu chek pump so can't help !! ( sorry )

xx

Reactions: deborabaratto

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @deborabaratto - sorry to hear this!

I have an Accuchek Insight, and I've had two problematic handsets, although the pump itself has been fine. Each time I had the handset replaced, and both times it was a good experience with customer services.

Sending hugs!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @deborabaratto
as per your confirmation - I have moved your topic to the Insulin Pumping section of the forum..

hopefully some more accu chek users will see it now and respond.

lely

I'm on an Animas vibe pump. Had issues with the battery this time last year and it was changed.
After 7 days of BG drops and assuming it was an exercise routine I'd recently started, I decided to call Animas and they have agreed to change it again.
I didn't think they would a second time. Or thought they would at least have asked me to go through my insurance.
I've had lots of people on.here giving advice on my exercise and diabetes and I've learned so much. But now I don't think it's the exercise at all. Pump disconnected. Mdi till tomorrow.

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hi @deborabaratto - sorry to hear this!

I have an Accuchek Insight, and I've had two problematic handsets, although the pump itself has been fine. Each time I had the handset replaced, and both times it was a good experience with customer services.

Sending hugs!
Hey @Snapsy!

Thanks for sharing!
I'm really disappointed because they still haven't given me any answers :( But I'm gonna call them today again and check it out.

Big hugs to you! :)

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
I'm on an Animas vibe pump. Had issues with the battery this time last year and it was changed.
After 7 days of BG drops and assuming it was an exercise routine I'd recently started, I decided to call Animas and they have agreed to change it again.
I didn't think they would a second time. Or thought they would at least have asked me to go through my insurance.
I've had lots of people on.here giving advice on my exercise and diabetes and I've learned so much. But now I don't think it's the exercise at all. Pump disconnected. Mdi till tomorrow.
Hi @lely!

I see. Maybe we were the "lucky ones" that received bugged pumps :(
I hope they change your as soon as possible because going back to MDI sucks at so many levels right?

Sending hugs to you!

MeganTetley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm on the Accu Check Spirit Combo pump and though mine doesn't turn itself off it does drop to low battery within 24 hours of replacing the battery - which is frustrating but the only thing I can suggest is looking at potentially a different model, it's what I'm considering