Anyone on glimepiride?

MNawaz2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just started glimepiride today. Felt very nervous because nurse was saying i can experience hypo's sometimes. After 3 hours of taking the tablet my blood sugar went from 8.6 to 4.9, which made me more nervous. Need some support. Anyone else on glimepiride? Do you suffer from hypo's?

Reactions: heavyd

Animalal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just started Glimepiride this morning and 12:30pm I felt a bit clammy and shaky, I took my bloods and I was 2.8. I chewed a glucose tablet and ate an apple and started to feel better. I then had some lunch. I'm hoping that's a glitch and I will be ok.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Just started glimepiride today. Felt very nervous because nurse was saying i can experience hypo's sometimes. After 3 hours of taking the tablet my blood sugar went from 8.6 to 4.9, which made me more nervous. Need some support. Anyone else on glimepiride? Do you suffer from hypo's?
Yes I use glimepiride and I always feel hypo. I used 3mg twice daily

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
On it as well, but minimal dose. Had to argue with doc to halve the medication of this & Metformin, but don't seem to have experienced any massive lows. It was a vast improvement over glicizide, which is what I was on before. That drug nearly killed me with it's side effects.

debpre

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just started Glimepiride this morning and 12:30pm I felt a bit clammy and shaky, I took my bloods and I was 2.8. I chewed a glucose tablet and ate an apple and started to feel better. I then had some lunch. I'm hoping that's a glitch and I will be ok.
How are you getting on now?

bob16536

I've been on Glimepiride for over two year now, I've an active life, not overweight and never smoked, diabetes is in the genes!
Never had a problem with Glimepiride, lowest level has been 5 and that's after heavy exercise, I take it once a day in the morning