Funny how things change...

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Somedays I feel good until I see my meter. Then the day changes. Today it’s all a good day. My meter can kiss my a*s
I love that you've said this! My meter can - and does - wreck my day.

So I'm going to train it to kiss my a*s instead!!

:happy:

Reactions: Bluetit1802
D

Deleted member 308541

Today it’s all a good day. My meter can kiss my a*s
So I'm going to train it to kiss my a*s instead!!

A pix of my meters lining up to:

Givim kis bilong mi baksait wontok!

AVtdlOy.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A pix of my meters lining up to:

Givim kis bilong mi baksait wontok!

AVtdlOy.jpg
Actually perfect timing. Which a*s do you find most accurate? I’m running out of strips and mine is discontinued. Or the answer could be none, which is why we call them a*s!!!
I really need to watch strip prices seeing I take my bg 7 times a day

D

Deleted member 308541

Which a*s do you find most accurate?
Yesterday for lunch we had prawn sandwiches, I had a pretty good idea that four slices of bread would put me into double figures after two hours.

So I used the red Performa instead of the Abbot, and I was around the 12.00 mark, so I did not use the Abbot to record a reading on it's memory.

Before dinner I tested with the red one and was 5.5, and with the Abbot I was 5.8 so much of a muchness between them.

The two Performa's are pretty spot on together though, it's a shame the software costs $100.00 to purchase here in Australia as I would keep using the grey one.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday for lunch we had prawn sandwiches, I had a pretty good idea that four slices of bread would put me into double figures after two hours.

So I used the red Performa instead of the Abbot, and I was around the 12.00 mark, so I did not use the Abbot to record a reading on it's memory.

Before dinner I tested with the red one and was 5.5, and with the Abbot I was 5.8 so much of a muchness between them.

The two Performa's are pretty spot on together though, it's a shame the software costs $100.00 to purchase here in Australia as I would keep using the grey one.
Thanks pal. Strip prices are good, or better than a lot. As an insulin user with tight control it’s quite scary to get a new one. It got good reviews as well. I should be ok through the new year on strips but doing some research now.

I’m thinking you didn’t have your avo with your prawn sandwich to keep you low and slow !!

D

Deleted member 308541

Thanks pal. Strip prices are good, or better than a lot. As an insulin user with tight control it’s quite scary to get a new one. It got good reviews as well. I should be ok through the new year on strips but doing some research now.

I’m thinking you didn’t have your avo with your prawn sandwich to keep you low and slow !!
Strip for either meter are around $60.00 for 100 over the counter at a pharmacy here in Oz.

Being a member of the NDSS (link in my sig.) which is a offshoot of Diabetes Australia, I get subsidised strips at $1.30 for a 100. At the moment as I hit the PBS safety net in August I get them free till the end of the year.

We have been out of avo's for a week, we go shopping tomorrow so hoping that have the bags of awkward ones again.

The prawns were yummy and I enjoyed every morsel of the sandwiches.

The trick or treat kids that knocked on the door last night got the rest of the bread, that tricked the mongrels. :D

D

Deleted member 308541

Being a member of the NDSS (link in my sig.) which is a offshoot of Diabetes Australia, I get subsidised strips at $1.30 for a 100. At the moment as I hit the PBS safety net in August I get them free till the end of the year.
Before some people I know here start testiculating, I do have a PBS concession card. :D

Reactions: MangosteenElbow

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Re Trick or Treat, sometimes being deaf really comes in handy. ;)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Speaking of prawn sandwiches, what is that? I know what a prawn is ( shrimp in my world) but it would have never occurred to me to make a sandwich. Always on my plate with olive oil or mayo and some herbs. Or
Strip for either meter are around $60.00 for 100 over the counter at a pharmacy here in Oz.

We have been out of avo's for a week, we go shopping tomorrow so hoping that have the bags of awkward ones again.

The prawns were yummy and I enjoyed every morsel of the sandwiches.

The trick or treat kids that knocked on the door last night got the rest of the bread, that tricked the mongrels. :D
you ALWAYS CRQCK ME UP.As in out loud laughter.

I don’t do trick or treat. Rude little kids and parents are even worse. I’m going to have to consider handing out bread. Lol.

One bag of 6 avos ripened very slow. Bought another if 6 and ripened before the first bag. Popped open a not so perfect, put it on hubbies side as he doesn’t care. He called them gems any way he can get them.

More importantly. Trying the water thing. Smashed half with a few drops of lime juice and added a bit of water. Will post results tomorrow. Just an experiment as there is never avo left at the Nd of the day.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Re Trick or Treat, sometimes being deaf really comes in handy. ;)
Lol. I’m am very saddened if you are truly deaf. I can’t imagine. But trick or treat between the door ringing and the dog ( long lost ) we just started leaving the house. Parents with 2 month old babies swaddled and digging into the bowl. Really? Buy your own nasties.

D

Deleted member 308541

Speaking of prawn sandwiches, what is that? I know what a prawn is ( shrimp in my world) but it would have never occurred to me to make a sandwich.

Peeled prawns (shrimp in your world) slapped between two slices of buttered bread, salad items are an optional extra. They are a popular item with most of us here, except for the poor büggers that get gout from eating seafood.
I don’t do trick or treat. Rude little kids and parents are even worse. I’m going to have to consider handing out bread. Lol.
They said said "trick or treat" so I tricked them, nothing wrong with that deal.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Funny you say that about gout. I’ve been waking up with muscle cramps in my calves and feet. Eating lots of tuna. And some dark Guinness beer. Just a few sips of hubbies foam but it’s the only grains I eat ( drink ). I’ll pay attention.

Trick those rascals !!

Last year we ignored the door bell. It was supposed to be if your light is on, trick or treat. If off no. Ours was off and some kid yelled through the door ‘ I know you’re in there ‘. Now we leave haha. I don’t need to be yelled at by a kid to give him candy but it was priceless