Interesting device for needle phobics

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Probably worth trying anyway, not too dear at £14.95.

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
It will be interested in hearing how people gets on with this. My son is on a pump so it is rare that we inject but because it is rare we probably aren't as good at it as we could be.

Reactions: Prem51

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It will be interested in hearing how people get on with this. My son is on a pump so it is rare that we inject but because it is rare we probably aren't as good at it as we could be.
I have tried this, after seeing your post, and I'm not sure about it. It does help to gather and stabilise, however, I'm not a needle phobic and I actually really need to see that the needle is definitely going to deliver the insulin that I need- and the tickle flex meant that I couldn't. In fact, on the occasion that I trusted it (i did a small dose), it actually made a small lump under my skin, so definitely not ideal. I will have to try to work it out more but so far, not so happy. For only £14 I'm not angry but it was disappointing after thinking it could actually be quite helpful to reach more locations as you only need one hand.

Reactions: Binary and Prem51

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This may be what i need, since i so scare of needle i still cry sometimes. I know i am not a children but needle still scare the hell out of me:(

mitty6678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You can on the NHS ask for hospital needles on prescription that work by using touch/sound, You can't see the needle until you push it in and hear a click / feel it. Works wonders for me who is terrified of needles! (BD auto shield duo needles)

Reactions: Prem51