Thorpe park

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven’t actually tried this myself but my care team told me that one of the other teens had used their hospital letter to get a queue jump disability pass at Thorpe Park! Worth a try I guess- gotta make the most of it :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t actually tried this myself but my care team told me that one of the other teens had used their hospital letter to get a queue jump disability pass at Thorpe Park! Worth a try I guess- gotta make the most of it :)
I don't suppose it will be very long before everyone finds out how to use a photocopier or a word processor. The one without a letter will be the future queue jumper as a novelty.

Reactions: Jaylee

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I don't suppose it will be very long before everyone finds out how to use a photocopier or a word processor. The one without a letter will be the future queue jumper as a novelty.

Setup an Ebay business selling forged hospital letters :hilarious:

If it is true that you can do this, I can't see it lasting long because of this - surely people will and they would get wise to it eventually?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @knipster ,

There is some info taken from the TP website regarding "fast track" or arranged access to a ride.

"Disabled guests who are unable to queue may be eligible for a Ride Access Pass for themselves and up to three helpers.

The wristband given will allow the disabled person and the helper to bypass the queuing system usually via the exit or designated entrance designed for ease of access. Proof of entitlement will be required before the Ride Access Passes are given. Such proof includes:

- A certified NHS Letter from your doctor or consultant clearly stating why you are eligible for the policy

- A letter from a professional body (e.g Nurse, Bupa Healthcare Advisor) clearly stating why you are eligible for the policy

- A DLA, DWP or PIP letter stating you are entitled to higher rate mobility allowance – please note we will only accept higher rate mobility allowance for a Ride Access Pass, no other letters will be accepted.

- A blue badge along with an additional form of photographic identification

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WITHOUT PROVIDING THE ABOVE DOCUMENTATION A RIDE ACCESS PASS WILL NOT BE ISSUED TO YOU."

https://www.thorpepark.com/resort-information/disabled-facilities

The rules regarding guide dogs were pretty straight forward too! ;)