Hba1c down!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my annual check today and my hba1c is down to 35 from 38 last year!! However she asked me not to let it go any lower due to the risk of hypos!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my annual check today and my hba1c is down to 35 from 38 last year!! However she asked me not to let it go any lower due to the risk of hypos!!

Well done!!!!!!

Hypos on diet only??? What planet is she on?

Reactions: Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashing News, well done you!

biren1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done. Sometimes I find very hard to understand gp advice. They don't seem to understand and just give advice based on no proper evidence.

Reactions: Gannet

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done , do you hypo ?
I used to when I was younger and non diabetic depending on what I had for breakfast or if I hadn’t eaten for a while but very rarely now.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice work Agent @Daphne917 , keep up with what ever you're doing. :)
Thanks - not sure how I managed it though because within that 3 month period I’d
been on holiday to Jersey and an 11 day ‘cruise and stay’ in the Canaries so I was surprised at how low it was particularly as my carb control wasn’t as good as normal!

Last edited:
Reactions: hankjam

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great effort @Daphne917 and a great way to enter the holiday season, knowing that occasional excursions "off piste" don't wreck your overall effort.
If you don't mind, I'll sneak my own success into your thread here... I just got my results (and also had an extended foodie break round Spain recently). I was delighted with a score of 37.
Currently celebrating with a single square of dark chocolate! :rolleyes:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great effort @Daphne917 and a great way to enter the holiday season, knowing that occasional excursions "off piste" don't wreck your overall effort.
If you don't mind, I'll sneak my own success into your thread here... I just got my results (and also had an extended foodie break round Spain recently). I was delighted with a score of 37.
Don’t mind at all especially as it may give newly diagnosed T2s encouragement to know that it can be controlled through diet.

Reactions: Sue192 and ziggy_w

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to say ‘well done’! It’s good to know all our hard work pays off and we may be able to relax a little on Christmas Day.

Reactions: ziggy_w

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Forgot to say ‘well done’! It’s good to know all our hard work pays off and we may be able to relax a little on Christmas Day.
Thanks.
Had the discussion with the GP today who is v happy with 37. He didn't ask how I'm doing, but he did a cholesterol test...
(I'll report back to see if that has changed from the last one).

Reactions: Daphne917

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks.
Had the discussion with the GP today who is v happy with 37. He didn't ask how I'm doing, but he did a cholesterol test...
(I'll report back to see if that has changed from the last one).
Nope.
4.9 TC.
WooHoo!! Go Lowcarbing!!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope.
4.9 TC.
WooHoo!! Go Lowcarbing!!
Well done you - mine was 5.2 but trigs 2.7 however, in my defence, it wasn’t a fasting one as I’d only gone in for my flu jab but when she noticed that my diabetic check was due she suggested taking my blood there and then which I thought was a good idea. It wasn’t until I was on my way home that I realised the cholesterol result would be skewed as I’d had a cheese omelette followed by FFat Greek yoghurt and raspberries for lunch and my appt was 14.30 - oops!!

Reactions: ziggy_w

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done you - mine was 5.2 but trigs 2.7 however, in my defence, it wasn’t a fasting one as I’d only gone in for my flu jab but when she noticed that my diabetic check was due she suggested taking my blood there and then which I thought was a good idea. It wasn’t until I was on my way home that I realised the cholesterol result would be skewed as I’d had a cheese omelette followed by FFat Greek yoghurt and raspberries for lunch and my appt was 14.30 - oops!!
I'm confused. My DN told me not to fast for the HbA1c, but it seems you fast for the cholesterol test. They usually do both at the same time, (but forgot).
Making it up as they go along...mutter mutter...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm confused. My DN told me not to fast for the HbA1c, but it seems you fast for the cholesterol test. They usually do both at the same time, (but forgot).
Making it up as they go along...mutter mutter...
I don’t need to fast for my blood tests but I find that my cholesterol figs are better if I have the blood test in the morning and not have anything to eat beforehand.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t need to fast for my blood tests but I find that my cholesterol figs are better if I have the blood test in the morning and not have anything to eat beforehand.

Cholesterol figures change a lot during the day, much like blood sugars do. If you have recently eaten, especially if it contains fat, your triglycerides result may be elevated.