would you sign the petition?

• Total voters

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, I am looking to make a petition for getting carb counts on the traffic light system on food packaging in the UK. In order for me to start one, I need at least 5 email of supporters to get me started. If anyone is willing, please send me a private message including your email - you must be a UK citizen, and I would never use your email for anything else.
Anyone that doesn't want to send me an email, would you be willing to sign the petition?

Reactions: Arlmy

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How exactly would carb content be included in the traffic light system, whet carb content would constitute red, amber or green and how would that be of any use to a type 1 diabetic who can adjust their insulin to deal with whatever they choose to eat? What is your issue with turning the package over to read the carb content? The traffic light system is voluntary, it doesn't have to be put on food labels - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37389804 - but the labels do have to contains details of the carb content and I don't need a colour code to tell me if the carbs are ok, I need an exact number of carbs so I can work out my insulin dose, that exact number of carbs is already mandatory on the package.

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How exactly would carb content be included in the traffic light system, whet carb content would constitute red, amber or green and how would that be of any use to a type 1 diabetic who can adjust their insulin to deal with whatever they choose to eat? What is your issue with turning the package over to read the carb content? The traffic light system is voluntary, it doesn't have to be put on food labels - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37389804 - but the labels do have to contains details of the carb content and I don't need a colour code to tell me if the carbs are ok, I need an exact number of carbs so I can work out my insulin dose, that exact number of carbs is already mandatory on the package.
i just think it would be helpful and save a little bit of time thats all. Its not the colour either its just that often the carbs are underneath, and i have a thing in my class at school where each friday someone brings in some stuff for the rest of the class (its quite small) and everyone gets a bit annoyed when i have to lift up the box and stop them taking any while i go and check if or how much i can eat.

Arlmy

Hiya, I am looking to make a petition for getting carb counts on the traffic light system on food packaging in the UK. In order for me to start one, I need at least 5 email of supporters to get me started. If anyone is willing, please send me a private message including your email - you must be a UK citizen, and I would never use your email for anything else.
Anyone that doesn't want to send me an email, would you be willing to sign the petition?

Hi good luck and yes I will sign the petition