don't know if i have prediabetis

Belyea

hello everyone i am 20 years old with no history of diabetes in family but in last 3 years i have done at least 4 glucose tests 3 of them were fasting ones 1st-was 102 2st -82 and last one was 112 since i have done tolerance test and everything was ok case was that i had blood taken at 11a.m while i ate some chocolate at 2-3 a.m so my doc ordered A1c test to determine if i have prediabete i feel myself really scared since i have history of anxiety disorder and don't know what to wait

Belyea

I think you've got it covered contralto. If you do have pre-d, no better time to find out than right now, and no better place to find out what you need to do about it than right here.
thanks for advice just got my results back i got 93 glucose and A1c of 5.1

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
true but still i guess i have to take care of myself and sedative way of life since after fasting my results are still near 100

It is a good idea for everyone to eat sensibly and do some additional exercise, and lose some weight if that is necessary. Good luck for the future. :)

Reactions: Belyea

Belyea

It is a good idea for everyone to eat sensibly and do some additional exercise, and lose some weight if that is necessary. Good luck for the future. :)
ye truly but only thing i don't get if i have predeiabet because the day i got 113 i took blood test at 11am while a ate chocolate and other sweets around 2 am and probably went to sleep around 4 or later and i am not really big fan of needles

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ye truly but only thing i don't get if i have predeiabet because the day i got 113 i took blood test at 11am while a ate chocolate and other sweets around 2 am and probably went to sleep around 4 or later and i am not really big fan of needles

If you are concerned that you have pre-diabetes, why are you eating chocolate and sweets?

Your recent blood tests show you don't even have pre-diabetes. Plasma fasting glucose of 93 and an HbA1c of 5.1% is normal.

Relax, stop stressing, and eat sensibly with some additional exercise (walking is great) Stress doesn't help blood sugar levels.

Belyea

If you are concerned that you have pre-diabetes, why are you eating chocolate and sweets?

Your recent blood tests show you don't even have pre-diabetes. Plasma fasting glucose of 93 and an HbA1c of 5.1% is normal.

Relax, stop stressing, and eat sensibly with some additional exercise (walking is great) Stress doesn't help blood sugar levels.
true as 20 years old i am already diagnosed with Gad,panic attacks and social phobia that result of 112 on fasting was just bow to my mental health but i really appreciate help of this community and support