new pump :)

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI i just want to tell everyone that i now have that accu chek insight and have it had for about 2 months. I love it so much! I never really knew the full potential of an insulin pump since the cellnovo was so rubbish but now im literally so happy with my pump and literally couldnt be happier with my pump. However im still getting use to the size of the pump since from the cellnovo its a big jump since it was so small but tubing hasnt been a problem except when i forgot to clip the pump on my trousers and i stood up and the infusion set fell out :( But the size is not really that big of a deal!
Also it took like 2 weeks for me to get my new pump which i thought was kind of weird since i thought that it would be at least a month to get a new pump. Also it only took 2 weeks because i had school and my dsn needed to order the pump. im so grateful :)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
yay !!! @IceLover :)
that is great news for you !!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm so pleased for you, @IceLover - you'd been having such an awful time with your Cellnovo!

Welcome to the Insight fan club - I'm a proud member, too!

:)

Reactions: Gemma2 and himtoo

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I going on a trail for the insight pump next Wednesday
You are going to have a great time with it and theres alot of patience needed with a pump in the beginning so do your best!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
you deserve it @IceLover
you are a lovely young person with a whole life ahead of you and any thing that can help to make life that bit easier is fully deserved.

( a couple of small tears on your behalf -- happy ones !!!! ) :)

go you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Bud1979

Type of diabetes
Type 1
HI i just want to tell everyone that i now have that accu chek insight and have it had for about 2 months. I love it so much! I never really knew the full potential of an insulin pump since the cellnovo was so rubbish but now im literally so happy with my pump and literally couldnt be happier with my pump. However im still getting use to the size of the pump since from the cellnovo its a big jump since it was so small but tubing hasnt been a problem except when i forgot to clip the pump on my trousers and i stood up and the infusion set fell out :( But the size is not really that big of a deal!
Also it took like 2 weeks for me to get my new pump which i thought was kind of weird since i thought that it would be at least a month to get a new pump. Also it only took 2 weeks because i had school and my dsn needed to order the pump. im so grateful :)

Hello Icelover I have just read your post and it’s all new to me and a eye opener, I’ve been type 1 for 44 years and only recently got my medtronic 640 and I have never heard of the accu check and from what I read the cellnovo appeared to be fantastic, so thanks for the info but more importantly the lesson that learning is lifelong.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you deserve it @IceLover
you are a lovely young person with a whole life ahead of you and any thing that can help to make life that bit easier is fully deserved.

( a couple of small tears on your behalf -- happy ones !!!! ) :)

go you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hi mate

Can we please have a private chat?
I’d like to ask for advice.

Cheers

Andrew

Jodie1154

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I couldn’t trial the insight pump as the handset was out of battery so they they gave me Medtronic 640

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I couldn’t trial the insight pump as the handset was out of battery so they they gave me Medtronic 640
hi there @Jodie1154
so you've got a medtronic !! how are you finding it ?
perhaps post some feedback ??

all the best
himtoo
x

Jodie1154

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t get on with it I keep pulling the tubing and it uncomfortable while trying to sleep

Florence5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Icelover I have just read your post and it’s all new to me and a eye opener, I’ve been type 1 for 44 years and only recently got my medtronic 640 and I have never heard of the accu check and from what I read the cellnovo appeared to be fantastic, so thanks for the info but more importantly the lesson that learning is lifelong.
What is the difference between the Metronic 640 and the paradigm Metronic . I am due an update in November 2018 and can’t wait. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 47 years and have been on a pump since 1984
Florence5

D

Deleted Account

I don’t get on with it I keep pulling the tubing and it uncomfortable while trying to sleep
What do you do with your pump when you sleep?
I was told you can just leave it alone and let it do it's thing but have found this untrue for me as I keep lying on it and it's not soft and squidgy.
I have now use a Hid-In pump belt (http://www.hid-in.com/). As I find things wrapped around my waist uncomfortable, I wrap it around my leg twice as like a suspender. This keeps it out of the way and I sleep fine. These belts are easy to access so if I need my pump in the middle of the night, there is no problem.

My pump is an Animas Vibe but I think Hid-In work fine with other pumps.

Stef75

Hello

Cellnovo pump still have any problem or they already improve it to be better ?
Anyone are happy with this pump or is it really awfull pump for Sur ?

Thank you for your answers