• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to a Christmas party at a local pub last night. We didn’t plan to eat their buffet but ended up doing so. I kept to the low carb, gluten free. Had some raw beef and onion, lots of taco salad, some cheese cubes and then to my pleasure they had guacamole stuffed in those dorito scoop things garnished with half of a cherry tomato. Of course I had a bunch of those. Just scooped that guac right out of the shell. Of course it wasn’t as good as mine but it did the trick.
Kind of grazed so I bolus grazed. Managed to stay between 80-91. 75 before bed. I had hoped the fat and protein wouldn’t show up overnight. Nope, fast was 65. All in all a good night.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to find some things that you can eat and enjoy - makes a rare treat.
Obviously well-enlightened people where you are. Hope it was good company along with the good food. :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice to find some things that you can eat and enjoy - makes a rare treat.
Obviously well-enlightened people where you are. Hope it was good company along with the good food. :)
Good food, good company. Buffets can be a nightmare. Of course I just skipped over the bbq glazed meatballs, beef stroganoff, won ton thingies, desserts etc but the food I did have was good.
I LOVE taco salad and raw beef. I never have them at home so a good treat.
I actually might make the raw beef as an appetizer at my parents.

Reactions: Prem51

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good food, good company. Buffets can be a nightmare. Of course I just skipped over the bbq glazed meatballs, beef stroganoff, won ton thingies, desserts etc but the food I did have was good.
I LOVE taco salad and raw beef. I never have them at home so a good treat.
I actually might make the raw beef as an appetizer at my parents.

Well, considering the rest of the menu (that you mentioned a couple of days ago) they should certainly enjoy Christmas dinner this year. Hope it all goes well for you; according to plan.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok my friends. After I get back from sunny Arizona ( weather 70’s, full sun, no wind) I was thinking of trying the egg fast. While reaserching it I discovered some fat fast ideas which include avo! Might have to do the fat fast so I can have avo. The egg fast is 6 eggs a day, a tablespoon of butter,ghee, mayo for each egg. Also allowed is an ounce of cheese per egg.
But then there was a recipe for deviled eggs which is hard boiled yolks, mayo and avo all blended until smooth. I figure that would be a tasty spread for just about anything!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
sunny Arizona ( weather 70’s, full sun, no wind)

Dear Friend, sometimes I hate you, you do know that, don't you!!! :spitoutdummy:

I've just come inside dithering with cold, after clearing about a foot of snow off the top of my car, another foot from around the drive, and here you are, telling me you're off to bask in the Arizona sunshine!! Huh :meh:

What can I say, except - hope your holiday is superbly wonderful, completely relaxing, extremely enjoyable and inordinately successful (with no tummy issues!) and if it includes Christmas as well, a very happy time with family :)

p.s. including plenty of "the green stuff"

D

Deleted member 308541

After I get back from sunny Arizona ( weather 70’s, full sun, no wind)

Cool day there. :D
I've just come inside dithering with cold, after clearing about a foot of snow off the top of my car, another foot from around the drive, and here you are, telling me you're off to bask in the Arizona sunshine!! Huh :meh:
I hate snow. :meh:

It has been around the 32° Celcius (89.6° F) mark for the last few days since it stopped raining. we are only in our second week of summer and will get warmer when the humidity gets here.

Where we used to live and work in Mt Isa, the temps are up in the 40° C (104° F).

Mmm! nice dry heat at the moment.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Friend, sometimes I hate you, you do know that, don't you!!! :spitoutdummy:

What can I say, except - hope your holiday is superbly wonderful, completely relaxing, extremely enjoyable and inordinately successful (with no tummy issues!) and if it includes Christmas as well, a very happy time with family :)

p.s. including plenty of "the green stuff"
Lol. Thank you!

It has been around the 32° Celcius (89.6° F) mark for the last few days since it stopped raining. we are only in our second week of summer and will get warmer when the humidity gets here.

Where we used to live and work in Mt Isa, the temps are up in the 40° C (104° F).

My personal thermometer has changed. I used to love 90’s. Now can’t tolerate it. 78-82 is my ideal if I can be picky. And no, it’s not hormones and hot flashes. If it’s windy and not sunny then I can do more heat.
I hate humidity. I curls my hair, literally. But it does keep the skin moist

Reactions: Salvia

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope that's a pleasant time, that you can enjoy, despite (or maybe because of) the rain.

I can enjoy the dry heat too, much more comfortable. I prefer the milder UK temperatures, mostly, I suppose, because I have lived with them forever, but I don't mind the occasional nice hot summer. The few times we get humidity as well are exhausting; I feel like a wet rag & have no energy for anything; I think a lot of people find that. Suppose we all get used to whatever goes with wherever we happen to live.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope that's a pleasant time, that you can enjoy, despite (or maybe because of) the rain.

I can enjoy the dry heat too, much more comfortable. I prefer the milder UK temperatures, mostly, I suppose, because I have lived with them forever, but I don't mind the occasional nice hot summer. The few times we get humidity as well are exhausting; I feel like a wet rag & have no energy for anything; I think a lot of people find that. Suppose we all get used to whatever goes with wherever we happen to live.
This summer was pretty hot and humid and I too had zero energy. Nada, zip, ziltch. I was so exhausted! Glad it not just me

D

Deleted member 308541

It's our shopping day today and Hass avo's are on special at $2.90 each this week at Woolies..

We will not be able to stock up as we go away on Friday for the xmas break.

D

Deleted member 308541

Bags of Awkward Avo's are back on sale, about nine small to medium avo's for just under $10.00.

The single ones were $2.50 on special, not $2.90 as said yesterday so supply might be picking up again,

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bags of Awkward Avo's are back on sale, about nine small to medium avo's for just under $10.00.

The single ones were $2.50 on special, not $2.90 as said yesterday so supply might be picking up again,
They’ve been cheaper here lately but starting to rise again. Yours sound expesive

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's our shopping day today and Hass avo's are on special at $2.90 each this week at Woolies..

We will not be able to stock up as we go away on Friday for the xmas break.

Wishing you all the best Tipetoo, hope you have a good relaxing time away - with plenty of local avos.

The quality is still fairly dire in my bit of the world; either rock hard & never ripen, or too ripe to bother buying; am just waiting it out till things improve.

D

Deleted member 308541

They’ve been cheaper here lately but starting to rise again. Yours sound expesive
They were $3.50 each last time we shopped, so they are heading in the right direction.

Wishing you all the best Tipetoo, hope you have a good relaxing time away - with plenty of local avos.

Thanks, we will see our two grand daughters this time as they at uni when we were in West Oz earlier in the year.

We will be eating a lot of the local stuff if we get the chance.

D

Deleted member 308541

We got some West Oz avo's yesterday from the local shopping center in Geraldton for $2.00 each. They have a bit of give in them so will be able to get into them soon.

There was a couple in the fridge when we got there, but was warned off by our granddaughters. :D

Have a great Christmas and avo great new year everyone.
4F2mf.gif

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad that you won't be missing out on your avos whilst away, @Tipetoo.

Thanks for your good wishes; and happy Christmas & New Year to you in return, hope you have fun times with the family - sounds like the granddaughters are already looking after your interests :)