david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
hi all toaday i was round my brothers
and had a sugar blow out i was given a jam donut and mcdonalds obviously i was guilt strickened after lol when i did my bloods later it was 8.1 which is lower than the readings ive been getting from
scrambled egg on toast and low carb stuff does this mean i can go on the much loved cake diet i love so much
seriously thou can any one explain how i got a lower reading after McDonald's and donuts thanks dave

Reactions: chevy57
D

Deleted Account

How much later did you take your reading?
The fat in burgers and doughnuts will delay the digestion of the carbs which may explain the reading but if you take another after 4 hours, say, you may experience a jump.

Alternatively, it may be a an early present from Santa :)

Reactions: archersuz and ringi

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
With so many carbs you may have taken the reading before the spike had reached its height or it may have been on its way down plunging to a lower than (your normal) level. It is the peaks and troughs we need to level out a little.

Reactions: purplepenguin

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
no exercise took reading 2 hours after dont get me wrong wont do that again for long yime never say never as i am trying to level out my blood sugar just thought it was bizarre to get a lower reading fom that stuff i have bipolar and im really hypa a lot of the time and im trying to level my moods as well as sugar so i know there will be some sort of crash from the sugar just hope its not christmas day dont want to be the gringe on christmas day

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
just done read again 3 hours later 6.mmol weird let the festivities begin hopefully got away with it this time
thanks for listening guys and ur advice
have a wonderful christmas to u and urs

brianmt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just done read again 3 hours later 6.mmol weird let the festivities begin hopefully got away with it this time
thanks for listening guys and ur advice
have a wonderful christmas to u and urs
I had a strange result about a month ago. My son came home for a visit and bought me a steak pie and a egg custard, ( he now lives in london and misses Manchester pies) anyway I ate them, be rude not too !!! BG before I ate 5.6, Bg 1 hour after 5.8, BG 2 hours after 5.5. No idea why, I've not repeated it, maybe on my birthday in Jan, strickly as an experiment you understand

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Somehow i still think everybody with diabetes should have a CGM so we will know what spike us and how much the spike is compare to our current finger poke test which on tell us the current reading( it can miss a lot of high and low). Too bad most CGM is so expensive it out from our reach.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
i think u eat and stick to a good diet take the medication and exercise theres not much else u can do a blow out once in a while lightens the soul

Reactions: Gabrielle_Tai

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
ooooow there's always consequences after the donut
christmas big peice of cheese
cake woke up this morning
groaning head ache feel like
ive been drinking all night is this
normal when u havent had sugar
or anything with out sugar for 3 months

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ooooow there's always consequences after the donut
christmas big peice of cheese
cake woke up this morning
groaning head ache feel like
ive been drinking all night is this
normal when u havent had sugar
or anything with out sugar for 3 months

Ohhh yes!! Life is so unfair! I had too many mince pies and woke up with a cracking headache. Although my fbg today was 8.4, so perhaps it is a good lesson learned.

Reactions: david0779

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Glad you all had neat normal BG, as for me yesterday, woke up normal BG 5.4, then had after dinner which was meat and veg, was a mini mince pie and double cream two had the right amount of jab, two hours later my BG was 17.2, my body just wasn't playing ball, oh well back to normal now, don't you just love being a diabetic.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
certainly is till the next time ive been on a protein diet this morning if my bg goes to high i just have protein for breakfast and if needed dinner and my blood sugar usually drops back with in
target by tea time

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you all had neat normal BG, as for me yesterday, woke up normal BG 5.4, then had after dinner which was meat and veg, was a mini mince pie and double cream two had the right amount of jab, two hours later my BG was 17.2, my body just wasn't playing ball, oh well back to normal now, don't you just love being a diabetic.
Somehow this remind me of somebody.... wait it remind me of me:).

Reactions: Crystalwand

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
certainly is till the next time ive been on a protein diet this morning if my bg goes to high i just have protein for breakfast and if needed dinner and my blood sugar usually drops back with in
target by tea time
Or some cheese and a couple of spoonfuls of heavy cream.