Ketones

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve had the pump for just under 2 months and I have had ketones 4 times since.
Wednesday I had to go to hospital at 11:30 at night and Thursday I had my appointment.
I have a better hba1c on the pump and don’t get me wrong I love it and the amount of freedom it provides.
However the ketones don’t seem to be liking the pump.
I bolus for everything I eat and I’ve had pretty good bloods on good days
I might consider moving back to needles:(

Last edited:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @diabeticmegxo

are you getting good bloods consistently ?

is your diabetic nurse available for you to talk to on the phone when you need help ?

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi there @diabeticmegxo

are you getting good bloods consistently ?

is your diabetic nurse available for you to talk to on the phone when you need help ?

Yeah I’ve been getting good bloods a lot
Today they’ve been 29 and had ketones of 5.9 so waiting for her too ring back and see what will happen

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hi there @diabeticmegxo
those are pretty high numbers -- have you managed to get your Bg back down since you posted 3 hours and 40 minutes ago ??

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks for letting us know Meg !!:)
( I was really worried reading those numbers !! )

leahkian

Hi Meg sorry to here about what has been happening as i no keytones are not nice. Do you change the site for the infusion on a regular basis, has the keytones only started when you have used a new bottle of insulin or do they happen at a certain time of day? The pump is great but just as needles you can get keytones and when you get them they can stay in your body and show up on tests for 24-48 hours after. It sounds as your insulin may need to be changed for a while or maybe you may have a infection which would be a reason for it. When you have keytone are you sick with it as if you are hospital is the only place you want to be, if you have not been sick then drink plenty of water to flush the keytones out and do not do any exercise while you have keytones as this can make them go higher. Let me no how you are going on

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Meg sorry to here about what has been happening as i no keytones are not nice. Do you change the site for the infusion on a regular basis, has the keytones only started when you have used a new bottle of insulin or do they happen at a certain time of day? The pump is great but just as needles you can get keytones and when you get them they can stay in your body and show up on tests for 24-48 hours after. It sounds as your insulin may need to be changed for a while or maybe you may have a infection which would be a reason for it. When you have keytone are you sick with it as if you are hospital is the only place you want to be, if you have not been sick then drink plenty of water to flush the keytones out and do not do any exercise while you have keytones as this can make them go higher. Let me no how you are going on

Hi I was sick unfortunately I spoke to my nurse and she told me to correct via the pen
I also spoke to Roche to ask them why my cartridge had looked like it had condensation and there sending out a replacement pump because mine may be broke

Reactions: himtoo