High HBA1C

AndsMac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
OK, I’ve been diabetic 25 years and still struggling to look after myself. Had my latest result back today, it was 84!

I need to start looking after myself for once. I am also Coeliac and have Under Active Thyroid. I’m a pump user too.

Baby steps I know....

Xxx

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
OK, I’ve been diabetic 25 years and still struggling to look after myself. Had my latest result back today, it was 84!

I need to start looking after myself for once. I am also Coeliac and have Under Active Thyroid. I’m a pump user too.

Baby steps I know....

Xxx
Hi @AndsMac,What sort of diet are you on? Do you have Carb portions? I was Type 1 at the same time as my Coeliac daughter (she still is) and I religiously stuck to portions. Food packaging is infinitely better nowadays at stating the amount of Carbohydrate (forget what it says about sugars) per serving or per 100g. Personally I found by doing this, my HbA1c was great, that is till some blasted letter came from the bank or some virus was driving round the neighbourhood! Once you start to feel good, you realise how much effect this has. I remember, after 20 years of Type 1 and having my own test meter, I started to achieve civilised results which caused my father to say "I reckon this is the first time in your life you know what it's like to feel well." He was so right. Good luck

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Baby steps I know....

Xxx

Please ask your GP to have some adding thyroid hormon it helps the diabetes a bit , and Then focus on What you like of low carb foods like nuts meat , eggs , tomatoes , cucumbers olives , High fat yoghurt , Lidls protein Rolls , fish no coating, berries with cream and so on
Always have plenty in your House of What you do like of low carb and learn to make low carb treats too there are so many delicious treats that you can eat still