No insulin

Lois_x_x_greener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi I'm Lois I'm 10 I was diagnosed in late November. At the moment I am having no insulin and still having normal blood glucose levels. My 'honeymoon period' is over I am very confused any one else experienced this (I am still having hypos)

Lois xx

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
how come you're having no insulin? are you eating zero carbs or thats what the doctor said?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi I'm Lois I'm 10 I was diagnosed in late November. At the moment I am having no insulin and still having normal blood glucose levels. My 'honeymoon period' is over I am very confused any one else experienced this (I am still having hypos)

Lois xx

Hi Lois - I'm not T1, so I may be wrong here, but I thought the honeymoon period is those early days when you can do without insulin, or certainly much lower doses than usual. Are you having no insulin at all, or are you having some long acting, but no short acting with your meals?

As you are not having insulin, what makes you feel your honeymoon period is over?

Could you tell us a bit more about your hypos?

I know @Jaylee was diagnosed around your age. I wonder if he could help you at all.

Lois_x_x_greener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Lois - I'm not T1, so I may be wrong here, but I thought the honeymoon period is those early days when you can do without insulin, or certainly much lower doses than usual. Are you having no insulin at all, or are you having some long acting, but no short acting with your meals?

As you are not having insulin, what makes you feel your honeymoon period is over?

Could you tell us a bit more about your hypos?

I know @Jaylee was diagnosed around your age. I wonder if he could help you at all.

according to my doctor, my honeymoon period stopped at to weeks after my diagnosis , I have no idea how he knows but I only go off what he says, thank you for your help. As you think I will probably back to some insulin through the day

I am still having night insulin

Lois xx
Thank you

Hypo's in having 1-3 a week not going below 2mmol/l (36 MD/gl)

Honeymoon period is when your body is still producing a little amount of insilin

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if I have any insulin I drop to about 2mmol/l or 36mg/dl
I always have much larger doses than you, (generally above 10U for any given meal), so idk if your body is still producing some insulin or maybe your body is just far more sensitive to the insulin?

Lois_x_x_greener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I always have much larger doses than you, (generally above 10U for any given meal), so idk if your body is still producing some insulin or maybe your body is just far more sensitive to the insulin?

10 UNITS that's a lot altleast you can control it very well what's it carb ratio?? Just out of interrest

Last edited by a moderator:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
according to my doctor, my honeymoon period stopped at to weeks after my diagnosis , I have no idea how he knows but I only go off what he says, thank you for your help. As you think I will probably back to some insulin through the day

I am still having night insulin

Lois xx
Thank you

Hypo's in having 1-3 a week not going below 2mmol/l (36 MD/gl)

Honeymoon period is when your body is still producing a little amount of insilin

Are you in UK, Lois? Is your diabetes looked after by a hospital?

Lois_x_x_greener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My diabetes nurse said eventually the doses will increase but the don't know when we just have to carry on as normal until I go high

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Jaylee will know best but I've hear the honeymoon period can go o for a long time. I guess your nurse is saying you're still in your honeymoon period @Lois_x_x_greener .

I hope some teens reply too regarding their long honeymoon period.

I won't assume all type1s have a honeymoon period?