Pregnant and aspirin

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
Me again .
I have been prescribed aspirin by the obstetrician and just worried about what harm it can do. Anyonelse had it prescribed to them while pregnant on here?

quintel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
Me again .
I have been prescribed aspirin by the obstetrician and just worried about what harm it can do. Anyonelse had it prescribed to them while pregnant on here?

Hiya, congratulations by the way! I’m a T1 currently 26+4 with twin boys and I’ve been on aspirin since probably week 12 as prescribed by my consultant. Low dose 75mg is ok I believe. I’ve noticed my blood pressure is better in pregnancy than pre pregnancy from taking it.

75mg is a very low dose and is to prevent pre-eclampsia, which is why I’ve been prescribed it. I think it’s the norm as diabetics are at higher risk of it.

Good luck! X

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
As @quintel says above - it's to prevent pre-eclampsia and is just a very low dose. I have been on it for almost all my IVF cycles from the moment I started treatment and during my pregnancy in 2016. It's totally fine :). Good luck! xx

jade88

Same took with first pregnancy and now with 2nd from 12 weeks diabetics are at higher risk of pre eclampsia x

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you taken it all throuout the pregnancy? As says on the packet to not take 3 months before giving birth which has worried me to. X

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Have you taken it all throuout the pregnancy? As says on the packet to not take 3 months before giving birth which has worried me to. X

Yes all the way through and I think I stopped after I had given birth. It was fine :) xx

jade88

I took it all the way through first pregnancy and have taken it all way through this one! Just make sure it’s not the high dose 300 mg aspirin take the lower 75mg dose! x