highs for no real reason

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi, for the last couple of days i’ve been getting some higher results than usual, ranging from 11-16 but i’m unsure why because i’m not ill or anything?

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be because either your are not getting enough background insulin or enough food insulin during the day as that will make you high or perhaps around your age you are still growing which can also affect your blood sugar levels as well as hormones etc

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The best thing to do is to change your settings are you on the pump or pens?

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes the best thing to do is to look at the times you are high and depending on that decide whether it is the background insulin or your main insulin it would be the main insulin if you are having food and then roughly about 1-2hrs later you are high if it is not that then it would be your background insulin. If it is the main insulin increase the carb ratios by 20% (only where you are going high not all of them) if it is basal increase that by 20% as well but if you think that is too much only do it by 10% and monitor your blood sugar for the next few days (you won’t see results straight away). You are most likely high because you are growing or it is from hormones.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi , I'm Sophie and I'm only 12 years old, I was recently diagnosed on December 1st and I still feel really tired and I get a lot of headaches ,my blood glucose is in range, and When I was diagnosed my hb1ac was 158mmol but now it's 62mmol. Does anyone why I could be tired still?

Reactions: Joan65

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi , I'm Sophie and I'm only 12 years old, I was recently diagnosed on December 1st and I still feel really tired and I get a lot of headaches ,my blood glucose is in range, and When I was diagnosed my hb1ac was 158mmol but now it's 62mmol. Does anyone why I could be tired still?
I also felt that when I was diagnosed and it did soon improve for me I hope it does for you too

Reactions: Happyhomelands

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi, for the last couple of days i’ve been getting some higher results than usual, ranging from 11-16 but i’m unsure why because i’m not ill or anything?
tell your nurses, they will be able to have a look at your levels and adjust them to sort out your levels.
you can also be going high from stress, illness or just sitting around and being less active than normal

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Only alter 1 thing at a time or you cannot tell what's having the effect, and keep the changes small till you see the effects.