Type 2 Any T2 Diabetic under 24 here

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am 19 yo and recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes ...T2 at my age is very uncommon but I guess I was obese so that’s the reason why anyone here under 24 who is T2 diabetic ??? Just curious

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm 46yr old. Diagnosed at 32yrs old but symptoms from 6yrs old (on and off).
Psychologist and I believes was diabetic in childhood due to bad diet. GP in 70s treated my undiagnosed thrush without examination or test with antiseptic cream and more baths. I added weight year on year even thou hugely active. No carried around in a car for me. My dad had a British Gas van as company car. Ha ha He hated driving but had no choice.
Flare ups at Christmas time and mostly in wintery dark nights of crying with intense heat and itchiness in warm bed. Bath sitting for 20mins night after night til
dad bought the bidet. :(

Reactions: Altaf_7

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm 46yr old. Diagnosed at 32yrs old but symptoms from 6yrs old (on and off).
Psychologist and I believes was diabetic in childhood due to bad diet. GP in 70s treated my undiagnosed thrush without examination or test with antiseptic cream and more baths. I added weight year on year even thou hugely active. No carried around in a car for me. My dad had a British Gas van as company car. Ha ha He hated driving but had no choice.
Flare ups at Christmas time and mostly in wintery dark nights of crying with intense heat and itchiness in warm bed. Bath sitting for 20mins night after night til
dad bought the bidet. :(

Me too I also gained like 5kgs every year untill now plus i was also born obese..tell me since u were diagnosed what did u take as meds and have u had any complications and how has ur life been so far with diabetes

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Me too I also gained like 5kgs every year untill now plus i was also born obese..tell me since u were diagnosed what did u take as meds and have u had any complications and how has ur life been so far with diabetes
Ive used Metformin for over 20yrs as luckily I pressed to be on London trials for help with pcos and infertility. Then after been made to stop it resulting in failed IVF due to 2st weight gain within 6-8wks I restarted it immediately on dns advice on type2 diagnosis at a new GP practice in 2002. Since I'v had to stop it forfa pregnancy 11yrs ago but my more recent pregnancy i I took it throughout.
Try and figure out which child could be bordering obesity, out of the 2 kids??
Older child is involved with leptin effects in research at Cambridge but no tests for insulin resistance from what i understand. But i'd like to think should be as leptin resistance is related to insulin resistance.

ImI on insulin therapy due to my severe obesity. My endo confirmed 2yrs ago I have severe insulin resistance. He advised bariatric surgery which I initially refused but just passed my tier3 stage with psychological help, a few days ago.. Awaiting to see a bariatric nurse and surgeon team (MDT) response to my tier3 results now. My endo predicts only basal insulin and Metformin after op.
Of course I'd prefer just metformin but that may progress that way if I lose enough and keep low carb but well covered with vitamins. We'll see.
I progressed to insulin as all meds caused me severe side affects.

My life has been full of adventure and happiness. :) :) :)
I'm disgruntled lately as the insulin adding weight has caused bulging discs and weakness, numbness and dizziness in walking with a crutch, for support. I've been told baritric surgery wont fix my back but will relieve some of its effects. :(. I need it fixed so I can exercise more. I dont fancy living off painkillers. My poor liver and kidneys are taking their brunt. All ok so far thou.
Less meds from bariatric surgery should help preserve ALL my organs. ;)

How are you getting on?