Highs

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So the other day I posted about Been generally higher and I've now worked out that I've been high everyday for a new days on the afternoons after lunch. Do I just need to increase my rapid acting after lunch? Because I did increase my background but that didn't help

D

Deleted Account

If you cannot explain your high (not stressed, ill, eaten differently, ...), I would get a new pen of background insulin out.

Reactions: thomasrichmond_16

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it’s happening roughly 1-2 hours after lunch then it would be the rapid acting yes if you are carb counting then you need to increase your carb ratio for that time but If not I have no clue what to do as I haven’t done anything different in a long time!

Reactions: thomasrichmond_16

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So the other day I posted about Been generally higher and I've now worked out that I've been high everyday for a new days on the afternoons after lunch. Do I just need to increase my rapid acting after lunch? Because I did increase my background but that didn't help
if i were you i wouldnt change anything myself, seeing as you are quite newly diagnosed, and tell your diabetic nurse - most you can email or call but if you cant then set up an appointment. they will be able to adjust your ratios so that you wont go high after lunch.