Dizzy spells

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep getting dizzy and feeling like I’m going to pass out. I was walking around in school and I suddenly just went dizzy and kept swaying from side to side. I felt like I was going to pass out for no reason

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep getting dizzy and feeling like I’m going to pass out. I was walking around in school and I suddenly just went dizzy and kept swaying from side to side. I felt like I was going to pass out for no reason

Hello there - Do you check your bloods when you feel that way? Does the experience happen after you've been exercising?

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there - Do you check your bloods when you feel that way? Does the experience happen after you've been exercising?

Hi, yeah I do test my sugars and it happens randomly throughout the day even if I’m just sitting down

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, yeah I do test my sugars and it happens randomly throughout the day even if I’m just sitting down

How are your bloods when you test? What do you to to try to resolve the situation when it happens at the moment?

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are your bloods when you test? What do you to to try to resolve the situation when it happens at the moment?

There usually ok between 5-6 sometimes hypo and I tend to sit down and have a drink with my head on the desk

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
that sounds awful! definately get your self in contact with your diabetic nurse and let them know whats going on, they may be able to help.

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi.
You may want to check your blood pressure when you stand up as I get dizzy spells when I start moving caused by blood pressure not reacting when you stand up and the blood pressure in the brain dropping and making you dizzy

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
You may be low on iron. Get a doctor to ck