Libre expiry annoyance

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is so annoying grrrr, I swipe the sensor and the reader tells me I have 3 days left, but I already know that, I just wanted a glucose reading, but it's going to do this over regularly for the next 3 days and it's irritating
It annoyed me during the trial as I knew when it finished but I'd forgotten about it, is there anyway of turning it off for mr grumpy here?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I think it only does it once a day for the last three days, mines just done it! It’s around the same time as it was first activated.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just remembered being annoyed by the first ones persistence reminding me it was about to expire our local CCG heard from me a few times that week :p and now I'm 'lucky' enough to have one I'm annoyed again.
:)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
There’s worse things to be annoyed about! Stabbing yourself a bazillion times a day, for starters... ;)

Reactions: annliggins

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I know, but over the years sugars made me prone to irrational annoyance, the sort you get when you see someone eating a cream cake and enjoying it!

Probably just me tho :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the warnings. It reminds me to put a new one on about a day before the old one is finished.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
images

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
LOL Mr Grumpy here (Kev) doesn't like mondays when his libre is telling him the sensor runs out on wednesday.................now seriously looking for a Mr Grumpy and don't like wednesdays pic to post then!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just find the last hour or two annoying when it counts down the time to expiry at very regular intervals.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just find the last hour or two annoying when it counts down the time to expiry at very regular intervals.

This is the thing! This is the prelude to that, and that's more annoying than this.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w . Hey come on now big fella. It's only an incy wincy little sensor trying to help you out here.
Chill out.

OH and don't forget it'll need changing in 3 days. Just thought I'd remind you.;););)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And so I'll come back to this :mad:

5 hours before it expires, but I woke hypo and din't realise, it took a couple of scans to register the bleep was the hypo and not the (then) 7 hours left alarm each time you use it at this point, and now, just to pull my chain it's bleeping bleeping each time I use it, and I'm waiting for the downwards slope to start from 12mmols, but it bleeping bleeps, as tho I'm hypo, but that was 2 hours ago :banghead::mad::banghead:

If it bleeped on switching on to inform you that's one thing, but it says 'check glucose' first before bleeping bleeping.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And so I'll come back to this :mad:

5 hours before it expires, but I woke hypo and din't realise, it took a couple of scans to register the bleep was the hypo and not the (then) 7 hours left alarm each time you use it at this point, and now, just to pull my chain it's bleeping bleeping each time I use it, and I'm waiting for the downwards slope to start from 12mmols, but it bleeping bleeps, as tho I'm hypo, but that was 2 hours ago :banghead::mad::banghead:

If it bleeped on switching on to inform you that's one thing, but it says 'check glucose' first before bleeping bleeping.
I know you've not had a great morning, but if it wasn't bleeping you'd be bleeping bleeping! o_O:hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I am on the 12 hour countdown now.
Hope the hypo is OK now @kev-w

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on the 12 hour countdown now.
Hope the hypo is OK now @kev-w
Yeah I'm getting there thank you :) bloods in range but I'm waiting for the tail before the 2nd half of my breakfast, my first unsupervised sensor application at lunch and I'm mortified the tattoo on my right arm goes further round the back of my tricep than I remembered, so think I'll use my left arm again.
I do seem to struggle with new concepts :p

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Bleeping bleeping flippin thing was reading LO this morning with a couple of hours to go, checked with my blood and that read 9.5! So I activated the new one that I’d applied last night to bed in, and that agrees with my blood meter. Peeled the old one off, and the filament was bent at quite an angle with some gunk on the end that I had a job peeling off, and from the mark of adhesive on my arm it looks like it had crept by 4-5mm over the time I’ve been wearing it, and it gave up the ghost with less than an hour to run. I like a bit of brinkmanship!

I only use my left arm, my right upper arm is completely tattooed and I don’t want to spoil it :D

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yeah I'm getting there thank you :) bloods in range but I'm waiting for the tail before the 2nd half of my breakfast, my first unsupervised sensor application at lunch and I'm mortified the tattoo on my right arm goes further round the back of my tricep than I remembered, so think I'll use my left arm again.
I do seem to struggle with new concepts :p

I have 2 full sleeves and there is very little difference between my Libre and finger pricking. I use both arms (inside of my arms)

Reactions: kev-w