The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss

statler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
salad
looking for some 'light' reading for my hols and fancied this, obviously im fully aware of how well thought of he is on this forum but my question is this, is it 4oo pages of just saying stop eating carbs/sugar or is their actual strategies for weight loss inside. sometimes when i watch his videos he can go round the houses sort of way which as a mere mortal can find frustrating.

Not looking for the holy grail just something to focus my brain on that might put a different slant of things

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
looking for some 'light' reading for my hols and fancied this, obviously im fully aware of how well thought of he is on this forum but my question is this, is it 4oo pages of just saying stop eating carbs/sugar or is their actual strategies for weight loss inside. sometimes when i watch his videos he can go round the houses sort of way which as a mere mortal can find frustrating.

Not looking for the holy grail just something to focus my brain on that might put a different slant of things
I guess you have summed up the strategy for weight loss in your one sentence. Stop eating carbs.
"The Obesity Code" explains a lot of the science behind low carb eating but I wouldn't describe it as "light" reading. His newer book the "Diabetes Code" is slightly less sciency in tone but still explains where his thinking is coming from and provides lots of references. It is at the core a condensing of his video output but with less diversions so a more structured book. Depending on how many of his videos you have watched though there might not be a lot of new stuff in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: statler

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Somehow it takes more than 400 pages to convince people that fasting/low carb is not the leading cause of death or T2D complications or ill health...quite the opposite.