Coenzyme Q10

Dexie1

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

New to the forum. Due to see GP tomorrow. But based on testing over the last week (fasting / first thing in the morning) I suspect I’m prediabetic. Having done some online research I’ve read that Coenzyme q10 has been shown to help with glucose levels. It won’t let me share a link but if you google it it’ll come up with a few good websites.

Anyone had any experience with the impact of this. I’m going to start on chromium picolinate as well. Thanks in advance.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
In my case I found Ubiquinol helps with a number of things including bg levels and also blood pressure to name a few. You can get either coq10 or ubiquinol, depending on age. Over 40yrs of age and Ubiuquinol is absorbed better then coq10 which becomes harder for the body to convert to Ubiquinol when it is needed in that form.

As always, make sure you are not taking any medication that may interfere or interact with coq10. For example, blood thinners.

Reactions: cmor16

Dexie1

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tip. I’m not on any medication at all at the moment. So no worries about it interfering.

Reactions: Tophat1900

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

New to the forum. Due to see GP tomorrow. But based on testing over the last week (fasting / first thing in the morning) I suspect I’m prediabetic. Having done some online research I’ve read that Coenzyme q10 has been shown to help with glucose levels. It won’t let me share a link but if you google it it’ll come up with a few good websites.

Anyone had any experience with the impact of this. I’m going to start on chromium picolinate as well. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about that but Bitter Melon and Cinnamon Tablets have let me off meds so far. I get them from heath monthly online.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Co-enzyme CQ10 lowers my bg levels as well as Bitter Mellon (Karela) which you can buy from Asian food shops. It’s very well known in the Far East as a “cure” to diabetes and has been claimed to “regenerate” beta cells. Stir fried, steamed or juiced.

Black Cumin Seed Oil (Nigella Sativa) capsules 600mg also helps “regenerate” beta cells.

Cinnamon 500mg capsules also lowers my bg levels.

Best to consult your doctor before taking any of these food supplements.

We are all different!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
is there anywhere you know we can read up on this. I have ingesting an ubiquinol capsule daily but don't really know how much I should be having, whether the amount is correlated wit the amount of Metformin, or what

I googled "ubiquinol impact on blood glucose in t2dm, studies" and went from there. Here's an example. That's pretty much my standard search method to start with and then work from there.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939545/

I don't know how much you could or should be taking. I've taken it for about 10 yrs. I found 800mg per day, spread out over breakfast, lunch, dinner and before bed in doses of 200mg worked great. I had tried 1200mg a day, and even though I was taking prednisone, and do so everyday, I found this much could cause me to become hypoglycemic over night and sometimes before lunch. The impact is very impressive for me, but may not help some people at all. There are risks involved that have to be explored and possibly interactions. In particular if blood thinners are taken.

A lot of search results I read showed no effect on bg levels, but these were using small doses of coq10 and not the more better absorbed Ubiquinol and also age factors into which form works best. I found the more I took, the better it worked. It certainly boosted my energy levels and my exercise tolerance increased noticeably in terms of cardio style workouts or sprints and similar exercises that require the lungs to work hard. Apart from that, the proof was in my readings. I maintained a hba1c level of 5.9 while taking prednisone and no diabetes drugs at all, along with a pancrease that wasn't functioning as it should of.

I don't know what would be the result when used with metformin and you'd have to adjust your search criteria to include it. I would spend some time looking into it. I can't suggest what is a safe dose to use because I think it varies from person to person.