Who are they?

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I have had a terrible problem yet again with our router, seems not to bad now, (my son is about to change supplier as he pays the bill) my alert flag still not working as it should
Great to hear from @WeeWillie keep well Willie:)

Izzzi.My alerts work when they want. They aren't reliable anymore and my router speed is 38 now cos I have fibre.....

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Izzzi.My alerts work when they want. They aren't reliable and my router speed is 38 now cos I have fibre.....
That sounds good, have you moved to your new place yet,if so best of luck in your new home.
As we live in a village, things are a bit slow.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
I have had a terrible problem yet again with our router, seems not to bad now, (my son is about to change supplier as he pays the bill) my alert flag still not working as it should
Great to hear from @WeeWillie keep well Willie:)

Thank you izzzi, will do.:)

willie.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Hi izzzi and zola.

Well "Who Are They" appears to have finally run its course. You both have put a lot of work
and effort into keeping it alive and for that I really want to shout out "Thank You So Much".
When I came back on board after you both kindly took over, I failed to say so in a diplomatic manner which,
I'm certain, put a lot of members off. It's only a game, not at all important, but the lack of interest is my fault.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to devote the time as before.
It's up to Admin now to decide whether or not to leave the thread as it is.

Thank you both again.
And a big thank you also to all members who eagerly posted in their "Guess".

See you around the Boards.
Best wishes.
willie.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks everybody for giving us full details.
Ooops,udityar, I overlooked your post.

Actually, I'm not quite sure what you mean.
But no harm in saying "thank you anyway". :)

Cheers.

willie.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks again @WeeWillie , I think the game has run its coarse, and now that the weather has turned for the better I am up to my eyes getting my latest classic car accomplishment up to date which is rather difficult at this stage.
I also noticed that the game came up with many repeat pictures which was a good indication the the game was becoming to its final journey.
I also give a special thanks to you, @zolabud , @Opalshards and all other members for giving me what is the greatest medicine of all.
scottish-bagpiper.gif
Lots of fun and laughter.
Roy xx

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
So sorry but it does seem we have run out of steam.
steamtrain.gif

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
I am busy trying to move but my chest infections seem to get in the way so much these days."..

Plus I was having trouble finding new faces......

I had a grand time on this thread. I loved it.

Thanks to everyone who made it what it became.

Xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:) Hi Zola. Been missing you. I am sorry you are having health problems. Hopefully it will get better with some warmer weather. I wish this thread could be resurrected , but its hard finding new faces.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Seeing as someone asked about my move I shall share my good fortune on here. I don't do Facebook anymore as I just got bored with it so apart from my immediate family and a couple of friends no one knows I have moved...

I got my long awaited PIP and an enhancement on my ESA and my various doctors letters got my an A banding on my council house move.
I lived in a 3rd floor flat which I loved but I had become a 'Vampire Hermit' as I never went out and I was up all night. I would catnap during the day and this life although not 'normal' suited me just fine.
I was offered a bungalow where I live and I loved the look of it. Google mapped it and saw it had a South facing garden and although it was undecorated and had no kitchen and the garden was a jungle I took it on the spot.
I found it hard to pack up as I have lung disease and tire easily but I got it all done and moved in on the 23rd of January.
The carpet fitters should have been there on the 22nd January but they couldn't lay it for a month as they didn't have the carpet I picked. So for the first month the heating was on constantly but it didn't make a lot of difference
Found out later that it had very sparce insulation. That was sorted last Friday.... Carpet fitters laid my favourite blood red carpets throughout.

When I turned up on the 23rd the kitchen had been finished and it was BEAUTIFUL. It had been painted magnolia throughout and all the shrubs in the garden has been trimmed and the lawn had been cut.

My energy is slowly coming back. I have lost 1st 2lbs. My blood sugar is levelled and I am now on 2 Metformin per day, My glucose levels are always 7,2 after meals, I have a South facing garden which I enjoy sitting in but having been a gardener all my working life I find it hard to accept that I find gardening so difficult, I also have problems with both my knees which means I find it impossible to get on my hands and knees and work in my garden. I hired a gardener who turned out to be someone I first knew in Primary school and he has sorted my back garden (now a toilet for the local cats. Any ideas please share...) and my front garden is now turfed.
I went to Homebase yesterday with my Mum and bought a 30ft hose on a reel and all the connectors and a gun thing for spraying and got so excited. When I got back nothing worked. The connector kept shooting off and soaked my kitchen floor... So I jumped in a taxi and took it all back to Homebase.

When I got back i must have gone out 30 times with watering cans to water my front garden..... I was bushed by the end, Got to do it all again tonight....

Anyway. I am happier now than I have been in 10 years. I moved to my old flat in December 2006.

I tell myself that if I wasn't so ill I wouldn't have finally got PIP and I certainly wouldn't have got my lovely new bungalow.....

Still miss this thread....

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lovely to see you Zola. it used to be so lively in here I miss the old crew. So glad that life is treating you better.
Hugs June.xx

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hey Julie.

Got all excited when I got a mail from the 'Who Are They' thread on this forum.
Thought someone had put a face up....

https://www.gov.uk/pip

This is the official link.
All the info is on there.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some of you may know who they are.
But I was amazed when I discovered their identity.

As the years went by, this guy brought
joy and happiness to millions.
hrep_zpsf1f869d1.jpg

sorrow and suffering to millions.
hret_zpsbfc74bab.jpg

Do you know who they are?

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some of you may know who they are.
But I was amazed when I discovered their identity.

joy and happiness to millions.
hrep_zpsf1f869d1.jpg

sorrow and suffering to millions.
hret_zpsbfc74bab.jpg

Do you know who they are?

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think the first one is Dicky Valentine. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. It has been a while since I have been here. I love this thread. x

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ooops seems I went back to the beginning.