P.E carbs

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all , my son does P.E twice a week , he is getting on ok with it since his diagnosis ... I just wanted some ideas on more healthy carbs for him to have prior during and potentially after . He’s been having cereal bars and similar but if he’s having 3 per session of p.e it seems a bit excessive , any advice would be great thank u

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could possibly try a banana xx
I was just checking on carbs and cals about how much is in a banana .. if he has a fair sized one he may only need the one altogether! That’s got to be better then eating all them bars lol . He’s not mad on bananas but I’m sure he’ll be cool with it ! Can all but try ! Thanks xx

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fruit is a good option. Or a sandwich (or half a sandwich depending on how many carbs you want), especially since that gives some meat/salad servings as well as carbs.

Reactions: Babydee00001

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fruit is a good option. Or a sandwich (or half a sandwich depending on how many carbs you want), especially since that gives some meat/salad servings as well as carbs.

Thbak u , we are going to try a banana next time

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat a sandwich before swimming, works fine to me.

billybadger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does he reduce his insulin dose prior to the
PE lesson? My daughter reduces hers by up to 20% before PE and I do the same whenever I'm exercising (which isn't as often as her :)). If not, it might be worth discussing this with your PDSN :)

Reactions: Babydee00001

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does he reduce his insulin dose prior to the
PE lesson? My daughter reduces hers by up to 20% before PE and I do the same whenever I'm exercising (which isn't as often as her :)). If not, it might be worth discussing this with your PDSN :)

No we don’t .. I’d never even thought of it actually thank u !

Reactions: billybadger