Haven’t been on here for a while!

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been in hospital recently with DKA honestly was horrific as you could imagine, finally home and doing well now. On a break from the pump for a bit and going to be using pens for a few weeks.

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be stress or a infection in the background as sometime it does not need much to mess up diabetes gl and best wishes

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been in hospital recently with DKA honestly was horrific as you could imagine, finally home and doing well now. On a break from the pump for a bit and going to be using pens for a few weeks.
Good to know that you are on a break from the pump after your episode of DKA, DKA sucks. I would honestly go back to pens full stop if that was me. I don't think I had it but it is an illness and it sucks.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Good to know that you are on a break from the pump after your episode of DKA, DKA sucks. I would honestly go back to pens full stop if that was me. I don't think I had it but it is an illness and it sucks.
You'd know if you'd had it.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Aw. that was a tough break! I know that with my pump, a kinked cannula can led to BSLs shooting up and ketones forming quickly.. Sometimes I wish for the reassurance of a long acting basal insulin.
I wish you a good rest, recuperation and a chance to settle.
Later then will be time to revisit what may have happened and how that might to averted in future.
keep smiling :):):)