Raver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being woken up early
Hi all.

I have looked around the forum for answers to my question, but not had any luck. So if this questiin has already been asked and/or answered, please leave a link and i will remove this thread.

I'm finding working out at the gym more and more annoying with my pump connected, as i tends to slip out of my pocket/comes off belt loop or i can feel the tubing becoming taut and pulling as i'm working out.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows of any product to keep my pump away from my pockets or waist??

Sit ups and leg presses seem to be the main areas when this happens

D

Deleted Account

I exercise with my pump and only have problems when running. But as it often causes a hypo, I often just remove my pump.
Have you tried an arm strap like you would put a phone or ipod into?
There is a runner on the forum (sorry, I don't remember her name) who mentioned she usually attaches her pump to her arm as it keeps the tubing out of the way.

Is there a reason why you don't want it at your waist?
If it is just about falling off your waistband, you could try a pump belt like a Hid-In (http://www.hid-in.com/)

Alternatively, you could remove your pump during these exercises.
You could temporarily disconnect during your sets to avoid the tubing becoming taut.

Reactions: Raver

Raver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being woken up early
Thanks for the reply helensaramay. That belt would be ideal!

I dont mind the pump being at my waist, if it was secure in that belt for example. The problem is when doing leg presses and sit ups, the pump gets in the way. I use an accu check insight with 40cm tubing, as it fits in the outer pockets in my work pants perfectly and is to short to be strapped to my arm.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Generally my pump is on a short leash and happily sits in tightish sports bra if I do anything involving jumping around.
I was teaching a circuits class last week and the whole thing came flying out and partially yanked out the insertion thingy! I carried on disconnected and that was fine for a short time but do find I need to reconnect because doing exercise (stress hormones shooting up) + missing a tiny drip of insulin (0.7 units) seems to get me high quite quickly. Perhaps you can order some different length flexible tubing to avoid the pulling or wear a '***** pack' to keep it zipped in somewhere. Assuming the lycra based top option is not for you....
https://www.funkypumpers.com/product/black-lycra-band-with-2-clear-screen-pockets-small/

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the reply helensaramay. That belt would be ideal!

I dont mind the pump being at my waist, if it was secure in that belt for example. The problem is when doing leg presses and sit ups, the pump gets in the way. I use an accu check insight with 40cm tubing, as it fits in the outer pockets in my work pants perfectly and is to short to be strapped to my arm.
I think Roche would be happy to supply different flex leads btw. I have an insight too and can imagine that it would feel a bit crunched if sitting on a 45 degree leg press! Don't guys who have to carry guns have a holster that can go underneath an armpit? Just thinking out loud!

Raver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being woken up early
I think Roche would be happy to supply different flex leads btw. I have an insight too and can imagine that it would feel a bit crunched if sitting on a 45 degree leg press! Don't guys who have to carry guns have a holster that can go underneath an armpit? Just thinking out loud!

I know Roche do different length of tubing. But i see the insulin left in there when changing cannula sites to be a waste.
I never thought about a gun holster, but that may raise some eyebrows at the airport if i was to go on holiday