Missed My Basal Purposly

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
missed my basal and sugar level hasnt moved from 14 i left it at 14 and its been over 15 hours missed my basal and no raise iv begining to think what is wrong with my body checked all my equipment insulin pen meter everythings working fine anyone whos type 1 have similar problem?.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
14 is still dangerously high (high enough that, having spent a long time at that value and not getting your insulin, you should be testing for ketones). Do you have ketone strips?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What basal are you on? Some of them last a very long time. But please don’t miss it, it’s so important. And as @phdiabetic says, 14 is scarily high. Are you correcting with your quick acting insulin?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
missed my basal and sugar level hasnt moved from 14 i left it at 14 and its been over 15 hours missed my basal and no raise iv begining to think what is wrong with my body checked all my equipment insulin pen meter everythings working fine anyone whos type 1 have similar problem?.
Hi Static, can you tell us why you missed it?

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guys i know its crazy missing basal i missed it becuase i realised even with out basal my sugar level dont rise which im finding very wierd btw i started at 14mmol that was before my basal honestly i carnt understand why my levels dont rise 1bit without basal which is really odd i know without my basal i become insulin resistant but apart from that no raise in levels that explains when i do basal test so many times it wasnt making sense but whats im trying to fiquire out why my liver not dumping glucose or raising sugar without my basal insulin iv checked my meter insulin pen all is functioning

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i know it proberly sound crazy what im saying reguards about my sugar level not moving without basal insulin lol even i carnt understand iv have checked it repeatdly and same outcome lol

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Couple of questions, what basal are you on, and how long have you been T1?

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
levemir and been about 16 years but was on humulin m3 70/30 for a long time but been on basal bolous for like 5 years now

Reactions: LooperCat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have you spoken to your team about this? I can’t stress enough how important it is to keep taking your insulin, even if you feel it’s not doing anything. How are your sugars now?

Reactions: Jenny15

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
iv got a appointment in a few week i will mention to them honestly just trying to figuire out this making me mad lol

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
tbh only thing i notice when i miss my basal is i become very resistant to novorapid insulin

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi i was trying to basal test and i done basal test quite few time reguardless how much basal i was using wasnt really seeing much change in sugar levels. then i realised basal testing wasnt working so thought i would miss basal then my suspicioms of my sugar not raising without my basal insulin.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
At least continue to take it until you’ve spoken to your team, if for no other reason than it’s helping your Novorapid to work...

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah will do its just so wierd this is i havent heard of this problem before or know any other diabetic to have this