Diabetics R Us

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, just thought I'd like to share that it's currently 2 degrees celcius here in my town in NZ. I think I have a bad case of Summer Envy.

Still, we do have the continued good performance of the All Blacks rugby team to cheer us up. France are attempting to tour here at the moment. We defeated them in the first test, two more to go.:D

Kia ora! But we had an amazing summer, right? So recently passed, to be so soon mourned :). (And will be rather soon over? This winter. The worst of it will be over in a few months.) (That's what I hold dear and in my mind in any case!) Big cheers.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Hmmmm I went to bed hours ago but I'm up again as I can't sleep.
Hope you got some sleep.

Alan (hubby) is going to hospital for lumbar facet injections today, got to be there at 8am. He's still asleep atm.

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all

Hope you got some sleep.

Alan (hubby) is going to hospital for lumbar facet injections today, got to be there at 8am. He's still asleep atm.

Have a good day.

H :)
Hope all goes well xx

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you all getting jealous of me if I tell you the weather looks to be great for the weekend around here and I'm going to be sailing on a traditional Dutch flat bottomed ship for three days?
I'm going to get paid for it as well, as I will be the deckhand. Our guests/customers will provide the food, so I don't even need to cook. They will be a family going sailing to celebrate the 70'eth birthday of their mother/grandma/whatever. I feel very lucky I'm on insulin and I suppose I'll need a lot of it this weekend, and never mind the miscalculations and inevitable not ideal blood sugars :)
I'll be cooking sensible meals for which I know how much to inject again next week :)
166732_394280204003300_1707809534_n.jpg

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you all getting jealous of me if I tell you the weather looks to be great for the weekend around here and I'm going to be sailing on a traditional Dutch flat bottomed ship for three days?
I'm going to get paid for it as well, as I will be the deckhand. Our guests/customers will provide the food, so I don't even need to cook. They will be a family going sailing to celebrate the 70'eth birthday of their mother/grandma/whatever. I feel very lucky I'm on insulin and I suppose I'll need a lot of it this weekend, and never mind the miscalculations and inevitable not ideal blood sugars :)
I'll be cooking sensible meals for which I know how much to inject again next week :)
166732_394280204003300_1707809534_n.jpg
Jealous X 1 zillion
Carol

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@heh and @AdamJames , we could of course ease the logistic nightmare and the costs if we cram everyone in heh's motor home for the trip and don't tell at ferry or tunnel . After all, they won't expect smugglers to bring people in this direction!

What's the normal punishment for trying to smuggle Class A diabetics into the Netherlands? And if @heh got caught out, would we be confiscated and stored in an evidence room for the rest of our lives? I'd like to know the risks and hazards before I commit :)

Reactions: karen8967