Levothyroxine Raises Blood Sugars

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I totally depend on levothyroxine and I actually do not see it raising blood glucose , when I get too little it raises my weight , on 200 mg

Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe I need a bit more then!

Doses are completely personal, although as you say, many GPs really just go with the assay ranges when deciding if medications are at the correct levels.

A truly euthyroid person will be running at TSH of less than 1, and FT4 running a the high margins of the range.

If you are in range, but still have symptoms, then ask your GP for a further increrement to your doase, or if he/she is very nervy about that, then even a 12.5mcgr (a sort of half step) could help ease their nerves.

Do you specifically know you need the T3? Have you ascertained you aren't converting properly?

Last edited:

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Doses are completely personal, although as you say, many GPs really just go with the assay ranges when deciding if medications are at the correct levels.

A truly euthyroid person will be running at TSH of less than 1, and FT4 running a the high margins of the range.

If you are in range, but still have symptoms, then ask your GP for a further increrement to your doase, or if he/she is very nervy about that, then even a 12.5mcgr (a sort of half step) could help ease their nerves.

Do you specifically know you need the T3? Have you ascertained you aren't converting properly?
I am just waiting for Blue Horizon to find a nurse to come out and draw some blood for a full thyroid and vitamin profile, I could not get enough blood with one of their finger prick tests, then I will have a better idea of where to start.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to a forum I am looking at, 50% of patients don't feel well enough on Levothyroxine, even with tsh in range.

I don't challenge what you say, but 50% means the other 50% could feel they are bouncing with health.

When I read studies or groups of folks doing "stuff", I try not to worry about what others do or take, but note it, then concentrate on what's happening with me.

Good luck with it all.

Reactions: Kittylitter

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am just waiting for Blue Horizon to find a nurse to come out and draw some blood for a full thyroid and vitamin profile, I could not get enough blood with one of their finger prick tests, then I will have a better idea of where to start.

do you know any nurses or Doctor you could ask? I'm fortunate I have some suitably qualified friends, and I reckon a bottle of red would about cover it.

Apparrrently Blue Horizon send everything needed to provide the samle, except, I believe the tourniquet, but if your veins are anything like mine, they stand out anyway.

:)

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
do you know any nurses or Doctor you could ask? I'm fortunate I have some suitably qualified friends, and I reckon a bottle of red would about cover it.

Apparrrently Blue Horizon send everything needed to provide the samle, except, I believe the tourniquet, but if your veins are anything like mine, they stand out anyway.

:)
No I dont like people, and keep away from them lol.