Type 1'stars R Us

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Daughter has a day off school today. WHAT TO DO?

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Daughter has a day off school today. WHAT TO DO?

Hi depends on what age she is ............. make a scrap book, make a tent with pegs and blankets ( a fort) some home cooking, I have been a single mum for quite a few years, so when I did the ironing in the kitchen I made a play dough ball out of floor and water and bought some cutters and a little rolling pin and whilst I got on with the lovely ironing, daughter made lots of shapes and erm mess lol. Alert warning, do not do this in any other area's of the house !! Or just get out and about together in the fresh air. Whatever you do, have a great day :)

Reactions: Cumberland

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s too dreary to play outside. We have mountain views here at 700ft but only if the cloud is not blocking them. We call it “the white wall”.

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning from a dark and dull Hampshire. Went to bed on a 9.6 and awoke on a 4.1. Just having my first cuppa and getting pawed by Pebbles cat lol :cat: <3

Reactions: karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :) a smile as I was 7.1 on waking, :( a frown as my car broke last night (an old banger she is but...) I've got my little un over so we're cycling to school and window cleaning on foot, I've a nasty feeling I've snapped the timing belt but relief as I've got a spare cylinder head, so it could be worse and I did get a tow back home.

Have a good day y'all :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning :) a smile as I was 7.1 on waking, :( a frown as my car broke last night (an old banger she is but...) I've got my little un over so we're cycling to school and window cleaning on foot, I've a nasty feeling I've snapped the timing belt but relief as I've got a spare cylinder head, so it could be worse and I did get a tow back home.

Have a good day y'all :)

7.1 is good and have a great day :)

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My daughter is off sick today, she says she feels sick and shaky. She works in a children's Nursery as an apprentice and on Friday some of the little one's had to be sent home because of a sickness bug, so she has gone back to bed.

Reactions: karen8967

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning
8.9 first thing but 3 hours on and a bit of magic later and I'm at 6.1 so happy daysish.......

Happy times and places

Tony

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, go on! Show us yer numbers ;)

Actually the weekend has been a complete disaster for BG scores, yes it's been a heavy weekend :rolleyes:, but not sure if I'm coming down with something or just completely lost my carb counting head or my novorapid has been replaced with a saline solution! Hopefully the routine of work will kick back in and I can post some reasonable numbers! :shy:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter is off sick today, she says she feels sick and shaky. She works in a children's Nursery as an apprentice and on Friday some of the little one's had to be sent home because of a sickness bug, so she has gone back to bed.

Wear a mask

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning comrades, great to see all your news. My son is also off today, inset day at school. But he’s 15 on Wednesday, so can occupy himself, especially as he has mock exams this week.

Looks like we’ve all had interesting BG scores...

I was 10.9 when I went to bed with a fair bit of NovoSluggish sloshing around, so set an alarm for 0430 to check - and it’s hit the lofty heights of 12 :sour: Shot up another 4 units (I haven’t taken a dose that big for MONTHS) and woke at 0800 with a 6.3mmol. Took another 1.5u under my “dawn phenomenon” rules and we’re holding steady in the low sixes now. Seems the key to keeping it in range for me is to nail it down first thing, otherwise I’m stuffed for the rest of the day. I’ll be mighty glad when “shark week” is over, and I can get back to my normal insulin doses and sensitivity!

9A4E0BBE-761F-4BFB-BD0D-355B352D509A.jpeg

In other news, I'm expecting delivery of my MiaoMiao transmitter for my Libre today... so all being well, and the digital fairies cooperating, I should have my BG score sent directly to my watch. Going full cyborg one gadget at a time... :borg:

Wishing you all a happy Monday :)

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning comrades, great to see all your news. My son is also off today, inset day at school. But he’s 15 on Wednesday, so can occupy himself, especially as he has mock exams this week.

Looks like we’ve all had interesting BG scores...

I was 10.9 when I went to bed with a fair bit of NovoSluggish sloshing around, so set an alarm for 0430 to check - and it’s hit the lofty heights of 12 :sour: Shot up another 4 units (I haven’t taken a dose that big for MONTHS) and woke at 0800 with a 6.3mmol. Took another 1.5u under my “dawn phenomenon” rules and we’re holding steady in the low sixes now. Seems the key to keeping it in range for me is to nail it down first thing, otherwise I’m stuffed for the rest of the day. I’ll be mighty glad when “shark week” is over, and I can get back to my normal insulin doses and sensitivity!

View attachment 27189

In other news, I'm expecting delivery of my MiaoMiao transmitter for my Libre today... so all being well, and the digital fairies cooperating, I should have my BG score sent directly to my watch. Going full cyborg one gadget at a time... :borg:

Wishing you all a happy Monday :)

Told you you were a cyborg.