Putting Remission Mathematically

HemantG

A new sort of revolution seems to be taking place in the state of Maharashtra, India, for treatment of obesity, and for prevention and remission of type 2 diabetes.

The greatest thing about this revolution is that it has been arrived at through participation of masses, and asks people to follow two main aspects with mathematical precision. These are as follows:

1. Eat only twice. All solid and liquid intakes, except water, should be consumed within two intervals of 55 minutes each. No limit on water intake. Even medicines are to be consumed only during these two intervals.

2. Walk everyday 4.5 km in 45 minutes. One can also run or swim, instead. Metrics need to be identified for running and swimming.

In addition, those with diabetes should take a diet of fruits, salad, sprouted legumes, and carbohydrates strictly in this order.

The idea behind this diet takes into account that Indians eat lot of carbohydrates. The order of eating will make them consume less carbohydrates. This will reduce the post food blood glucose spikes, and avoid ill effects(if any) of eating only twice as against taking food multiple times a day as advised by the doctors for reducing blood glucose spikes. In turn, the twice-only-meals diet will reduce excessive generation of body insulin, avoid insulin resistance from developing, and help achieve remission of diabetes. Thousands have got rid of obesity and many have got their HbA1c reduced to normal levels. Yours truly is also a work in progress.

The vagueness associated with the normal advice of doctors treating diabetes for controlling diet and doing exercese is now replaced with precision in action. And that is the key for its becoming popular among the common people.

This procedure is likely to become a mass movement with the logo of "Obesity and Diabetes-free India".

Last edited:
Reactions: Garway

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
They’re recommending the thing type 2 diabetics eat most is fruit??? They’re incredibly high in glucose & fructose.

Where are the essential fats and proteins?

Is there any peer reviewed science backing this up? Seems like a recipe to make T2 worse, as I see it.

Reactions: Sani Thomas

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Protein and fats are necessary, carbohydrates are not. I don't see how this diet can be healthy long term.

Fruit contains fructose which causes fatty liver which causes insulin resistance which exacerbates T2.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Might I suggest that this formula equates to CICO and does not apply to all. No single diet should be applied to large populations, one size does not fit all.

And I am bound to mention the excercise arn't I....

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
May I just add that India and China have by far the fastest growing rates of T2, the last I looked for India was 66 million people now diagnosed.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Might I suggest that this formula equates to CICO and does not apply to all. No single diet should be applied to large populations, one size does not fit all.

And I am bound to mention the excercise arn't I....
Yes you are right CICO. This diet could be dangerous though as if people aren't getting enough protein they could lose muscle. I am guessing the Dr is using carbs because they are cheaper and at least they are natural carbs, but long term if there is muscle loss it could actually promote obesity not fight it.

Yes lol the exercise. So If I can only manage 4.2 kms in 45 minutes then it's my fault if the diet doesn't work…?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes you are right CICO. This diet could be dangerous though as if people aren't getting enough protein they could lose muscle. I am guessing the Dr is using carbs because they are cheaper and at least they are natural carbs, but long term if there is muscle loss it could actually promote obesity not fight it.

Yes lol the exercise. So If I can only manage 4.2 kms in 45 minutes then it's my fault if the diet doesn't work…?

I rail against the CICO model because it negates that which I have acheived and it dispels any hope to a whole section of a given community.
I was once told that I couldn't possibly acheive remission unless I took up regular excercise which included at least 30 mins of cardio per day. By ND end protocol I have all but (taking Met out of the equation) acheived remission. I have set my own protocols and I feel I am not there yet but I mean to have a blummin' good go at it.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Do you know who developed this program for India? Who is behind it?

Edit: just found this link https://hwnews.in/news/national-new...ission-make-india-obesity-diabetes-free/29787

The guy has 40 degrees? I wonder what he does in his spare time? ;)

If any of the editorial I've seen about degrees from Indian universities is even remotely true, he would have got his brothers and other family members to sit the exams for him - thus leaving plenty of time for his grounbreaking research.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It should be noted too that India has a higher proportion of TOFIs. Where does the weight loss equation come into this mathematical treatment for them? Another reason why there should be individualised approaches as opposed to wide sweeping guidelines that do not take n=1 into account.

barbherod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it is important to remember that the traditional Indian diet is very different to the western one. Many of the population are Hindu and vegetarian, so that like many rural poor they eat large amounts of rice, bread and pulses, with vegetables. I agree that fruit is ab unlikely choice to recommend but on the whole the traditional diet, while carb heavy was not too bad given that exercise was high.. Indians though eat VERY sweet sweets!
I feel that the problem arises, as in so many cultures unfortunately, from the introduction of the western way of eating. Rural Indians seem to be rarely fat, urban ones often are.

HemantG

Just walk a little faster. Won't you?

HemantG

I think it is important to remember that the traditional Indian diet is very different to the western one. Many of the population are Hindu and vegetarian, so that like many rural poor they eat large amounts of rice, bread and pulses, with vegetables. I agree that fruit is ab unlikely choice to recommend but on the whole the traditional diet, while carb heavy was not too bad given that exercise was high.. Indians though eat VERY sweet sweets!
I feel that the problem arises, as in so many cultures unfortunately, from the introduction of the western way of eating. Rural Indians seem to be rarely fat, urban ones often are.
It is not that all Indians eat sweets. However you are able to appreciate much of what is posted. The fact is that there are a large number of people losing obesity with the methods described, and in remission of diabetes. Most of the people who have put their comments are unable to grasp the two meals theory, which is the mainstay of the methods described. Sprouted legume do provide proteins which people do not seem to be aware. Fruits are not necessarily a strict no-no for diabetes.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

This does not account for the disproportionately high incidence of TOFIs in the sub continent and China.

HemantG

If any of the editorial I've seen about degrees from Indian universities is even remotely true, he would have got his brothers and other family members to sit the exams for him - thus leaving plenty of time for his grounbreaking research.
Not all the brains have been distributed in northern hemisphere. Just wait and watch the results of what is going on, including that of yours truly. You will be amazed. In the mean time try to understand the two meals theory which is the mainstay of this treatment.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It is not that all Indians eat sweets. However you are able to appreciate much of what is posted. The fact is that there are a large number of people losing obesity with the methods described, and in remission of diabetes. Most of the people who have put their comments are unable to grasp the two meals theory, which is the mainstay of the methods described. Sprouted legume do provide proteins which people do not seem to be aware. Fruits are not necessarily a strict no-no for diabetes.

You are now touting the 'Eat less, move more' mantra that has failed us in the west. What makes you think it will succeed in the east?

HemantG

They’re recommending the thing type 2 diabetics eat most is fruit??? They’re incredibly high in glucose & fructose.

Where are the essential fats and proteins?

Is there any peer reviewed science backing this up? Seems like a recipe to make T2 worse, as I see it.
I am not saying they eat all fruits. They begin with it. Some fruits are generally excluded such as mango, grapes and sapota. The sprosted legume are source of protein. Also carbohydrates do not mean pure rice or wheat. They go with vegetables, curds, lentils with oil etc. And look at the results. Many dropping Hb1Ac to 5.5 percent. And most losing obesity with just rearranging meals in two times, and walking as stipulated.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am not saying they eat all fruits. They begin with it. Some fruits are generally excluded such as mango, grapes and sapota. The sprosted legume are source of protein. Also carbohydrates do not mean pure rice or wheat. They go with vegetables, curds, lentils with oil etc. And look at the results. Many dropping Hb1Ac to 5.5 percent. And most losing obesity with just rearranging meals in two times, and walking as stipulated.

Are you saying that your chosen method which works well for you is the only way to put Type 2 Diabetes into remission?

HemantG

Are you saying that your chosen method which works well for you is the only way to put Type 2 Diabetes into remission?
Never said that. But it is true that it is helping many. In die due course, perhaps after 2 months I will post my own remission results. But many have already reduced their Hb1Ac to levels lesser than non diabetic or prediabetic levels. The diets could vary. India has a huge variety of diet plans. I have indicated mine that is working for me.

Reactions: Guzzler