Looking For Friends With Diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello just looking to speak to new people that understand and have diabetes would be good to hear everyone’s story, message me if you would like to chat

Hi and welcome, type 1 for 29 years and quite a lot older than you lol, but just wanted to say hello.

Reactions: courtney_177

courtney_177

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So what’s your story? I was diagnosed type 2 at the end of April. Gone low carb and hitting the gym. First hba1c test since diagnosis due in a couple of weeks.
I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was about 12, now 21 and Just recently found out I’m pregnant so been trying to keep my bloods under control, how you finding having Diabetes? What medication you on?

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was about 12, now 21 and Just recently found out I’m pregnant so been trying to keep my bloods under control, how you finding having Diabetes? What medication you on?

Must have been crazy being diagnosed at 12. Hard enough doing high school without the extra hassle. Congrats on the baby!

Right now I’m seeing it as a positive, for the first time in years I’ve been motivated to get off my **** and make a change. Really enjoying high fat low carb. Obviously I’d rather not have it but I’m trying to make the best of it. I refused the meds to see what I could do on my own but the DN says if I don’t hit my ‘personalised target’ of 48 on my next hba1c I have to start meds.

My boss is type 1 and he carries a little kit with him everywhere, even on nights out. Is that how it is for you?

courtney_177

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Must have been crazy being diagnosed at 12. Hard enough doing high school without the extra hassle. Congrats on the baby!

Right now I’m seeing it as a positive, for the first time in years I’ve been motivated to get off my **** and make a change. Really enjoying high fat low carb. Obviously I’d rather not have it but I’m trying to make the best of it. I refused the meds to see what I could do on my own but the DN says if I don’t hit my ‘personalised target’ of 48 on my next hba1c I have to start meds.

My boss is type 1 and he carries a little kit with him everywhere, even on nights out. Is that how it is for you?

Well it’s great your trying to sort it with changing your diet ect seem to be very positive about it, hopefully your results are the ones you want and it will all be worth it, yeah need to carry blood checker and insulin with me at all times was a pain at first but use to it now just apart or life I guess

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well it’s great your trying to sort it with changing your diet ect seem to be very positive about it, hopefully your results are the ones you want and it will all be worth it, yeah need to carry blood checker and insulin with me at all times was a pain at first but use to it now just apart or life I guess

Fingers crossed. So do you have to do anything special having T1 and being pregnant? On top of all the other stuff you can’t do when expecting?

courtney_177

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fingers crossed. So do you have to do anything special having T1 and being pregnant? On top of all the other stuff you can’t do when expecting?

Just a lot of appointments at diabetic clinic every two weeks, got scan every 4 weeks and then the midwife and family nurse appointments usually every 2 weeks so bit of a nightmare but better safe than sorry

Reactions: bigsi1984