Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Ok?

Suffolk gal

my breakdown of food today works out at about 82 carbs, 49 protein, 74 fat, 20 fibre. This seems to be roughly the daily pattern now. I have been diagnosed type 2 for about 5 weeks now. I'm vegetarian and allergic to eggs. Can someone please tell me if this food breakdown is on the right tracks? I'm not hungry. I do miss biscuits though, but I'm not giving in on this. I am less than 5' and weigh 9 st but am losing some each week. Thank you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my breakdown of food today works out at about 82 carbs, 49 protein, 74 fat, 20 fibre. This seems to be roughly the daily pattern now. I have been diagnosed type 2 for about 5 weeks now. I'm vegetarian and allergic to eggs. Can someone please tell me if this food breakdown is on the right tracks? I'm not hungry. I do miss biscuits though, but I'm not giving in on this. I am less than 5' and weigh 9 st but am losing some each week. Thank you.

Hi Suffolk gal - Are you testing your bloods alongside your carb counting and measuring? That really is the missing link i how you're doing from my perspective.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think your ratio looks really fine , but maybe the total calories is a bit too low....... well it also depends on if you want to lose weight... .and what your ideal weight is... and of cause of how much it spikes your blood glucose

49 grams of proteins would be fine for a person of around 55 kg.... 0.8 grams of proteins pro kg lean bodymass... and a bit more when one does weight training / muscle building

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You'll know more when you get your meter. It will tell you clearly if what you're eating is right for you or not :)