does anyone inject dulaglutide (trulicity)

unabarr1

Hello. I’ve been on trulicity since the new year and I feel so ill. I take the injection Friday and by Sunday I’m really really sick then sick again on Monday which is difficult as I’m not able to eat much .so takes me until Thursday to feel better and then the injection is due again. Finding this all a bit wearing.

swampig

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started taking this 4 weeks ago and have suffered upset stomach, really bad wind and burping (rotten eggs) diahorea loss of appetite. really bad for first couple of days after injection and is very diblitating (darn't leave a nearby toilet) going to give up on this stuff and give it back!

LindaJean49

I just started on Trulicity last week. I wasted my first injection pen by not doing it properly. It is easy for me now. First day after injection I noticed my appetite was diminished and I felt a little nauseated. Very low energy too. Second week I do feel better but cannot eat nearly as much. Lost 6 lbs. and want to lose more. Blood sugar has been all over the place but today it’s 114. I’ve been taking blood sugar 3 times a day until I see some stability. I also take metformin twice daily. I’m going to give Trulicity more time to see how it affects me.

swampig

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just started on Trulicity last week. I wasted my first injection pen by not doing it properly. It is easy for me now. First day after injection I noticed my appetite was diminished and I felt a little nauseated. Very low energy too. Second week I do feel better but cannot eat nearly as much. Lost 6 lbs. and want to lose more. Blood sugar has been all over the place but today it’s 114. I’ve been taking blood sugar 3 times a day until I see some stability. I also take metformin twice daily. I’m going to give Trulicity more time to see how it affects me.
Take care if caused me to have a bout of Pancreatitis and has damaged my liver!!! Still have not recoverd properly!!!

Reactions: Reginald_2

Gary_Gower

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I did post on trulicity a while ago but thought an update might help people. Been on it now for close on 2 years. Was initially very worried by the bad press and side effects, but to date has been surprisingly effective. My Hba1c has moved down slowly but steadily from 60 to 56. I've lost 2 stone but most importantly, my daily bs readings came down and pretty much stayed down. I rarely have a pre meal reading outside of 5-7 and post meal I have much reduced the number of double digit scores. In fact this year I've only been over 10 post meal a handful of times. Doc is v happy and I have reduced my insulin to such low levels that I am hoping to stop altogether by year end. So all I'll take then will be metformin twice a day and the trulicity weekly jab. Feels like I'm pushing back the clock so all good there.

Ok, side effects. I've been lucky I guess. Definitely reduced appetite,specially in the 48 hours post jab. But I don't see that as a problem. Diarrhoea - well yes, sometimes and definitely more than normal and sometimes really bad.. Not always and usually worst in the same post jab 48 hours. I accept that as a risk and think it's a good trade off for much improved blood sugars. I always carry Imodium.

Feels like I am in a lucky minority though?

sams56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I've just started using it also calorie counting, lost 7lbs in a week, no side effects noticed yet, had to drop my insulin units and still thinking of taking less tomorrow as I've been getting 5's late evening. Interesting in learning more, how much have you lost in 2 years if you don't mind me asking.

Reactions: Corinne1954

Mrs_A_Wrinkly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I did post on trulicity a while ago but thought an update might help people. Been on it now for close on 2 years. Was initially very worried by the bad press and side effects, but to date has been surprisingly effective. My Hba1c has moved down slowly but steadily from 60 to 56. I've lost 2 stone but most importantly, my daily bs readings came down and pretty much stayed down. I rarely have a pre meal reading outside of 5-7 and post meal I have much reduced the number of double digit scores. In fact this year I've only been over 10 post meal a handful of times. Doc is v happy and I have reduced my insulin to such low levels that I am hoping to stop altogether by year end. So all I'll take then will be metformin twice a day and the trulicity weekly jab. Feels like I'm pushing back the clock so all good there.

Ok, side effects. I've been lucky I guess. Definitely reduced appetite,specially in the 48 hours post jab. But I don't see that as a problem. Diarrhoea - well yes, sometimes and definitely more than normal and sometimes really bad.. Not always and usually worst in the same post jab 48 hours. I accept that as a risk and think it's a good trade off for much improved blood sugars. I always carry Imodium.

Feels like I am in a lucky minority though?

Hello I have just started Trulicity and to my amazement within the first couple of days my readings were not only normal they were consistently normal!
Side effects; I’m tired but pleasantly not that terrible exhausted mind numbing tired. Yes some nausea but manageable and wind.
Feel excited because I feel normal, not felt like this for a very long time best of all no brain fog.

Corinne1954

Hello. I’ve been on trulicity since the new year and I feel so ill. I take the injection Friday and by Sunday I’m really really sick then sick again on Monday which is difficult as I’m not able to eat much .so takes me until Thursday to feel better and then the injection is due again. Finding this all a bit wearing.

Hi
I’ve started Trulicity this week, at my own request. I find it difficult to lose weight and so would like some help.
Glucose levels are amazing. Dropped my post meal insulin already, and reducing my long acting one.
Feel a bit nauseous, not at all hungry, a bit constipated (opposite to other people).
I’ve been asking for years for help with my eating problems (too much) and at last someone has listened.
I’m prepared to have the side effects if I lose weight and even manage to come off insulin. I chose this myself.

Reactions: SimonCrox

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Corinne1954, I've been taking trulicity for over a year and also welcomed the appetite reduction, which has worked very well for me. For the first time in my adult life I felt able to manage my overeating/binge eating.

I had some minor side effects but I have had a very positive experience with trulicity. Over the year I've lost almost three stones, but this has slowed and I'm currently trying to stop regain.

Reactions: Corinne1954

Corinne1954

Hi @Corinne1954, I've been taking trulicity for over a year and also welcomed the appetite reduction, which has worked very well for me. For the first time in my adult life I felt able to manage my overeating/binge eating.

I had some minor side effects but I have had a very positive experience with trulicity. Over the year I've lost almost three stones, but this has slowed and I'm currently trying to stop regain.

Thank you for your comment.
I just don’t believe my bs results, they have never, ever been this good. Not feeling too bad now, getting better every day, but 2nd injection tomorrow so we’ll wait and see.

Reactions: jpscloud

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck! I also have had great numbers since starting trulicity as long as I eat right, but of course when I have gone off the rails it does go up.

I think the most surprising benefit is that although there were gastric side effects, I started to feel much better in daily life - more energy, more interest in activity and so on. I do credit trulicity with starting that off and giving me the opportunity to try a different (healthier) way of eating.

Mrs_A_Wrinkly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today I have received my 3 months review results HBA1C 53 down from 71 . AMAZING
3 months on Trulicity (or Dulaglutide) lost 1.5 stone and now I have a brain and it’s 10 years since I felt normal. I am sooooo happy.
There are side effects but to be honest, being ME again is more important to me.
My Husband says emotionally I am less up, down and not explosive. So he is happy too!

Reactions: sorchao

Corinne1954

Thank you for your comment.
I just don’t believe my bs results, they have never, ever been this good. Not feeling too bad now, getting better every day, but 2nd injection tomorrow so we’ll wait and see.

Hi
I have been on Trulicity for a couple of months.
I have now in the last week been suffering the gastric problems. I didn’t have any problems initially.
Has anyone any ideas please?

SimonCrox

Hi
I have been on Trulicity for a couple of months.
I have now in the last week been suffering the gastric problems. I didn’t have any problems initially.
Has anyone any ideas please?

I have been told by the makerss of Liraglutide that taking these agents on an empty stomach ie first thing in morning, avoids the nausea problem, I would like to know what other people here think of this claim.

I have seen late nausea occur with liraglutide for no other appaent reason; I guess that you haven't added any other medication which might cause this

Best wishes

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi guys I've been on Trulicity for about 6 months I'm on 4.5 and take it every Sunday night before bed at the start I noticed my appetite was all but gone but it's steadily growing again I suffer from bulimia and need getting a lot of support my blog sugars are sitting between 7-9 I'm happy with that but hate my appetite has come back anyone else had this issue?