T2d At 19.

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys ,
Last year in May I was diagnosed with t2d after I started losing weight and had symptoms like frequent urination and excessive thirst ... finally after getting diagnosed doc put me on Janumet... i was 87 Kgs but after a couple of months on meds I decided that I am not gonna live my life like that I am going to change my eating habits and goto the gym ... I went to the gym and started diet control i did only weight traning first but after some while I started cardio as well ...now at this point of time I don’t take meds and my last aic was 5.7 and that too without meds ... I guess I reversed this disease .

Reactions: bigsi1984

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fantstic job, well done!

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Hi guys ,
Last year in May I was diagnosed with t2d after I started losing weight and had symptoms like frequent urination and excessive thirst ... finally after getting diagnosed doc put me on Janumet... i was 87 Kgs but after a couple of months on meds I decided that I am not gonna live my life like that I am going to change my eating habits and goto the gym ... I went to the gym and started diet control i did only weight traning first but after some while I started cardio as well ...now at this point of time I don’t take meds and my last aic was 5.7 and that too without meds ... I guess I reversed this disease .
Fantastic. Well done. I suspect you will need to diet and exercise all your life if you want to keep the T2 at bay, but at least you know you can get it under control. The fact is that all teenagers should adopt a LC diet. If they do then we may get the T2 epidemic under control

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The fact is that all teenagers should adopt a LC diet. If they do then we may get the T2 epidemic under control
Only if they don't drink too many diet drinks instead of sugary ones. I am fearful that the current policy of encouraging sugar free products will make future generations even more unhealthy and even fatter. Diet drinks are known to cause insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome or syndrome X which leads to T2.

Robrunner

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys ,
Great job, keep it up!

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Only if they don't drink too many diet drinks instead of sugary ones. I am fearful that the current policy of encouraging sugar free products will make future generations even more unhealthy and even fatter. Diet drinks are known to cause insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome or syndrome X which leads to T2.
Yes and it just shows how shallow the authorities are in their efforts to tackle obesity and T2. I do sense that attitudes to diet are beginning to change though. Even in the nine months since I was diagnosed the health professionals in my surgery have started to take notice of the latest research into the effects of eating carbohydrates.

Reactions: zand