Every Day Levels Have Been Good But Hba1c Is Not.

Rosieroo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I recently had my HbA1c levels done and they are 60 . They were fine under 48 but gone up. My everyday levels when I test have been good the best ever since diagnosis in 2016 even my fasting morning has been under 8 it's usually 10 or more .

How come my HbA1C is up.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
50shades - Copy.png
I don't usually check them after .
well eating the lower carbs style is what takes the top off meal spikings which if they are high bring up your HbA1c which is an average blood glucose number for around the last 3 month, so if you did a job on getting less spikings after eating your meals your HbA1c will most surely get much lower you could do that only by deciding at what number of grams of carbs your 2-3 main meals may be on , like for instance 30 grams of carbs and no carbs in between those meals....

this would also bring your mornings numbers down in average, most can get down in the 6 mmol in their morning numbers

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I don't usually check them after .
Do you test before a meal? And what meds are you on, I’m assuming you take insulin if you’re LADA? It could well be that you’re going high after eating, which would cause an increase in your HbA1c.

Rosieroo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you test before a meal? And what meds are you on, I’m assuming you take insulin if you’re LADA? It could well be that you’re going high after eating, which would cause an increase in your HbA1c.
Yes I test before. I do take insulin novorapid with each meal and lantus at night.

I will start testing after food and see what spikes it. I've not been eating great meals in the evening as my partner has been working lates so just been doing quick easy ready meals.
I've also been getting bad neuropathy sensations which I think could be due to the high levels maybe. I had this before but it went when it was lower

Reactions: Freema

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yes I test before. I do take insulin novorapid with each meal and lantus at night.

I will start testing after food and see what spikes it. I've not been eating great meals in the evening as my partner has been working lates so just been doing quick easy ready meals.
I've also been getting bad neuropathy sensations which I think could be due to the high levels maybe. I had this before but it went when it was lower
Information, and as much of it as possible is going to be the key to finding out what’s happening here, I think. Do you carb count?

Reactions: Freema

Rosieroo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Information, and as much of it as possible is going to be the key to finding out what’s happening here, I think. Do you carb count?
I'm trying to start , I'm not very good at it .
I feel quite over whelmed by it all. I'm struggling with planning meals if I was on my own it would be easier. But with a family it's more difficult.