Weetabix

Nick4344

Hi. Is a reading of 7.2 for 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk and canderel ok? Reading was 1.75 hours after eating it. Thanks.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends what goals you are setting yourself and where you are on your diabetes journey. It's a little higher than we would like (aim for under 7) and I would prefer a higher level of nutrition in my breakfast, not factory processed carbs, milk with the goodness removed and an artificial sweetener, but hey, that's just me. Give me eggs and bacon any day.
Sally

Reactions: AloeSvea

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Nick4344
As an aside this is the eating disorders forum - would you like it moved to ask a question?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Sorry. I thought I’d posted it to pre diabetes forum. Can you please move it? Thanks.
Moved to prediabetes for you.
Good luck with reducing your numbers.

Nick4344

Depends what goals you are setting yourself and where you are on your diabetes journey. It's a little higher than we would like (aim for under 7) and I would prefer a higher level of nutrition in my breakfast, not factory processed carbs, milk with the goodness removed and an artificial sweetener, but hey, that's just me. Give me eggs and bacon any day.
Sally

Thanks Sally. I do prefer bacon and eggs but not always viable to cook it. Plus I need a change from it

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A great change for me is Keto Coconut porridge (recipe on Dietdoctor.com) or few berries with double cream or full fat greek yoghurt. These two ha e been great during this heatwave.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
A change from bacon and eggs and cooking in the morning: cheese, salami, good sausages cooked the day before, sardines or other tinned fish with a bit of salad or a low carb bread, last night's dinner leftovers, a bowl of soup, pate and a couple of celery sticks, full fat plain Greek yoghurt, coffee and cream ......... in fact almost anything other than extruded cardboard!!! Yes, I used to eat it too, nothing worse than the converted.
Sally

Nick4344

A change from bacon and eggs and cooking in the morning: cheese, salami, good sausages cooked the day before, sardines or other tinned fish with a bit of salad or a low carb bread, last night's dinner leftovers, a bowl of soup, pate and a couple of celery sticks, full fat plain Greek yoghurt, coffee and cream ......... in fact almost anything other than extruded cardboard!!! Yes, I used to eat it too, nothing worse than the converted.
Sally

you’re right, I must try harder. I’ve been sursurving on chunks of cathedral city cheddar