Medical Questionnaire

ray30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello All,
I have recently been offered a job and my offer letter states my employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory medical information on the medical questionnaire.

There are a couple of questions on it I'm not sure how to answer:

"Are you currently receiving treatment for any physical or mental condition?"

"Do you consider yourself to have a disability?"

Some info about me.. I'm a type 1 diabetic on insulin, and have an undiagnosed condition resulting in muscle wasting in the left hand and forearm (have been seeing a neurologist about this for a few years but can't pinpoint the problem).

How would you answer the questions above?

D

Deleted Account

Honestly!
Sorry to be blunt but, if you don't think it will affect your ability to do the job, you have nothing to worry about.
If they disagree, they are probably unfamiliar with the Disability Discrimination Act and are not the kind of employer you want.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello All,
I have recently been offered a job and my offer letter states my employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory medical information on the medical questionnaire.

There are a couple of questions on it I'm not sure how to answer:

"Are you currently receiving treatment for any physical or mental condition?"

"Do you consider yourself to have a disability?"

Some info about me.. I'm a type 1 diabetic on insulin, and have an undiagnosed condition resulting in muscle wasting in the left hand and forearm (have been seeing a neurologist about this for a few years but can't pinpoint the problem).

Hi, this has happened to me before regarding employment, No, I don't consider myself to have a disability, then, I have Type 1 diabetes, which is well controlled , and go on from there. You have been offered the job, so they can't dismiss you. ( I was offered a Receptionist job and then I found out I was pregnant, late 1990's, and was told I wouldn't get the job now, then I had a phone call to say sorry and employer's are not allowed to discriminate and the job was still available.
Good luck.
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/teens/me-and-my-diabetes/employment/applying