Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A good reminder @Dixon1995 .

Suicide can be very selfish and can leave damage and mental injury behind. Not forcing peace like many think.
It is an appalling act but I do understand but it doesn't stop it's devastation.

Suicide is not borne of selfishness it is borne of despair.

My brother in law committed suicide in the most horrendous fashion and yes his death left devastation behind but he was never to blame. I find your comment totally lacking in compassion.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Suicide is not borne of selfishness it is borne of despair.

My brother in law committed suicide in the most horrendous fashion and yes his death left devastation behind but he was never to blame. I find your comment totally lacking in compassion.
Tell those left injured and see what they say. Especially the children.
The nhs are letting so many down, well less so now but previously that many were left in limbo. The suicidees.
So many are walking around mentally injured because of one person's illness. Ripples of despair. Because of one pebble which needed help but received none. (or very little).
I have huge sympathy for all.... not just one.

Reactions: kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
In my darkest moments, and there have been plenty, I find some solace in various 'skyhooks' as I call them. Anything from experiences of persisting against what appeared to be impossible odds; the way another has managed the burden of despair; the ebullient enthusiasm of my daughter with Down Syndrome; having a hobby which allows creativity (even as I pull hair out sometimes with frustration); the use of self-humour to stop taking myself too seriously.
For me all this gelled when I read about Thomas Szasz, a concentration camp survivor and psychiatrist.
If life, suffering, experience has some meaning, it becomes more bearable.

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm.. I get that it could be perceived as selfish which is a valid feeling from our point of view but in the mind of the victim attempting to commit suicide it is a whole difference story. Their mental stability is skewed, already battling with their demons and negative thoughts which have been building up. Sometimes they think they are doing everyone a favor by not being here, that their existence is a burden on everyone they know, that no one will miss them etc. Now thats not to generalise everyone, but it just shows how differently someones mindset can think in that situation, it is on a far deeper level than being selfish, but to the normal man, woman or child, it can appear that way, so I get what Ickihun says but I do agree with you Guzzler.

I personally have had thoughts were I have imagined a rope around my neck and hanging myself, on the landing in my house. Now I can tell I haven't got suicidal thoughts, I have none of the symptoms and I am not depressed in fact I am happy at the moment. This was just an intrusive thought, but it is absolutely crazy how just an intrusive thought can also possibly lead to the actual suicide of a mentally unstable person.

Glad you're still fighting on through Kitedoc, keep strong :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Tell those left injured and see what they say. Especially the children.
The nhs are letting so many down, well less so now but previously that many were left in limbo. The suicidees.
So many are walking around mentally injured because of one person's illness. Ripples of despair. Because of one pebble which needed help but received none. (or very little).
I have huge sympathy for all.... not just one.

We must be very different people. I spent six weeks with my sister after the death of her husband, I saw first hand the whole gamut of emotion that she and her eldest child went through. I did not apportion blame and I did not pass judgement on who it was that deserved compassion because all those close to her husband and he himself deserved understanding.
I understand because I came close.