Fat

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
How much fat percentage wise do you have? Thanks!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have no idea about the percentage of healthy fats in my diet, I just eat until I'm sated.

Reactions: lcarter

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually on keto/carnivore aim for between 70-80% calorie terms.
Although I tend to eat then record rather than plan meals using macros.

Reactions: lcarter

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Thanks so much. I'm using myfitnesspal to track my carbs and noticed it tells you percentage for fat and protein so was curious.

Last edited:

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Is there a typo in there?

I just eat what I want as far as fats are concerned, same with protein.
I'm trying to lose weight so trying to track... I'm a binge eater so trying to control that too

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I typically eat 70% fat, sometimes more. I have the most success if I keep my macros around 5/70/20.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
If you make things too complicated it is difficult to sustain long term, with diabetes that is the important thing. When you buy something from the supermarket check the number of portions that it is supposed to give and mark them off before you start. I stick to three meals each day because that works for me, others find two or one best, but there is no snacking between meals. Half of a cauliflower base pizza with a side salad, a couple of slices from a Gammon joint with mixed Mediterranean veg (peppers, courgettes, a little onion, tomatoes), a portion of soup for a light lunch, some cheese for dessert. I eat until I have had sufficient not until I feel stuffed which took a little learning. The important bit for me was keeping to the recommended portion size.