Are you using anchor tape?

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At the recommendation of another forum user, I'm flicking through 'Pumping Insulin' by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts.

They recommend using tape to anchor the tubing line near the infusion site, as it reduces movement of the cannula and thus reduces irritation. I'd never bothered before, but thought I'd try it, and hey presto! No more sore spots!

Just thought I'd share this here in case others weren't aware...

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Colin of Kent. Thank you for that gem. I do something similar when I anticipate some extra strain on the tubing.
With very hot weather I tape across the needle insert as well.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
At the recommendation of another forum user, I'm flicking through 'Pumping Insulin' by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts.

They recommend using tape to anchor the tubing line near the infusion site, as it reduces movement of the cannula and thus reduces irritation. I'd never bothered before, but thought I'd try it, and hey presto! No more sore spots!

Just thought I'd share this here in case others weren't aware...
I was told to always tape tube a short distance from cannula. Leaving a slight bend in tube to allow slight movement. If the pump is accidentally dropped it will hang from the tape and not pull out cannula. I use micropore.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was told to always tape tube a short distance from cannula. Leaving a slight bend in tube to allow slight movement. If the pump is accidentally dropped it will hang from the tape and not pull out cannula. I use micropore.
Sounds like you had good advice; I wasn't advised to do so. In fact, the first time I inserted a cannula in the clinic, I dropped the pump and it hung on the cannula for a moment. I remember being surprised that it didn't pull out, and since that first experience, I'd never bothered until reading the book...