What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it was a beautiful day now its murky and cold. I think someone told porky pies on the weather last night as they said the storm wouldnt hit us until late afternoon.

I have visitors all day, lucky me. I might go and lock myself in the loo with my book and claim I have a bad stomach. Guess it wouldnt be fair on hubby lol.

Other than that, nothing. Just cooking tea for those that turn up.

I hope you have better weather than me

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We didnt take Winter, he was definitely too boisterous for us. Plus we have to think we have an 18month old toddler wandering about the place a few days a week so the dog would have been knocking her off her feet.

Dogs Trust paired us with another dog - a greyhound called Rose. Beautiful dog, beautiful temperament but the problem was because she was excitable I couldnt walk her.Even hubby had problems. She was a very strong, determined lady.

Tried another dogs home and they have a beautiful cross breed but he was still going through puppy stage so was a bit bitey. Cant have that with a toddler.

Always another place to try I guess
The right dog will find you @wolfie.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The right dog will find you @wolfie.

Oh I'm in no rush. I'm determined we have a rescue dog rather than buy a puppy.

I guess I need to decide what sort of dog I want, how big etc, and even the possibility of 2 dogs (if I can get the right pair).

All good in Wolfie's house, just need to stop the hubby from showing me dogs in kennels that need a home as it feels like he is influencing me. I might bite him :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I guess I need to decide what sort of dog I want, how big etc, and even the possibility of 2 dogs (if I can get the right pair).

All good in Wolfie's house, just need to stop the hubby from showing me dogs in kennels that need a home as it feels like he is influencing me. I might bite him :nailbiting::nailbiting:
I'm a big fan of rescue dogs. They can be a bit unpredictable, but are generally so grateful to have found a home with kind folks.
Dogs Trust are usually very good at sussing out the dogs' character, and that of potential rehoming humans too, and march them up rather well.
Good luck to you, and hubby.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all
FB_IMG_1538112163022.jpg

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
smiles at the puppy picture....we made it to Friday yeaaaaa
up at 5 am this morning breakfast and med's had ..paper fetched for hubby now thinking about walking the dogs how ever it is trying to rain out there hope it stays off for another hour

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello and good afternoon
@Cumberland .....late on parade today.....have got sunshine here at the moment....can send it your way but think you have stormy weather en route....a good day for some sofa slobbing I expect...
.....any plans for the weekend......;)

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland .....late on parade today.....have got sunshine here at the moment....can send it your way but think you have stormy weather en route....a good day for some sofa slobbing I expect...
.....any plans for the weekend......;)

Hello Mrs Molly
I’m going to the dentists soon to have 2 teeth extracted gulp gulp

So this weekend no footy I’ll listen instead on the radio
And I will slob all weekend long

I hope you and Mr Clive have a good weekend

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello Mrs Molly
I’m going to the dentists soon to have 2 teeth extracted gulp gulp

So this weekend no footy I’ll listen instead on the radio
And I will slob all weekend long

I hope you and Mr Clive have a good weekend
@Cumberland .....sending hugs for tooth extraction.....:).....happy slobbing for weekend...

... @Clivethedrive is working on Saturday with full day tour of London (avoiding demos by Football Lads Alliance and counter demo by another group) but hope to have Sunday together....:)....just planning quiet day at home for me tomorrow catching up with paperwork and housework.....

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland .....sending hugs for tooth extraction.....:).....happy slobbing for weekend...

... @Clivethedrive is working on Saturday with full day tour of London (avoiding demos by Football Lads Alliance and counter demo by another group) but hope to have Sunday together....:)....just planning quiet day at home for me tomorrow catching up with paperwork and housework.....

Enjoy your Sunday together

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.30 was wide awake but had slept well so am happy, up washed and breakfast had as level wa s4.2 this am so ate first will now get dressed and take the dogs out for their walk.... then see to mam and have a lazy saturday :D or should I have not said that as unexpected things start to happen grrrr

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
woke at 6 am level 5.2...up and fed the dogs had my breakfast med's and jab now need get dressed and hope it stops rainign so i cna walk the dogs ...have a super day ya all :D

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning

Well it's wet here and cold. So no gardening for me. Instead we have the granddaughters here for lunch.

On a more pleasant note - we have a new dog. We collect him on Wednesday. His name is Freddie (race name Fozzie Flintstone), he's 3 1/2 and black with a couple of white tips. He's a pleasure to walk and very placid. Spent a huge amount of money getting things for him like treats, toys etc. The owner of the Retired Greyhound Trust remembered us from having Logan back in 2007 so that was good showing photos.

I might not be around tomorrow - I'm due to have a small local anaesthetic operation at the local hospital. Have to be there for 7am so not sure what time they are throwing me out.

@Cumberland how did it go with the dentist?

Enjoy your day

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning

Well it's wet here and cold. So no gardening for me. Instead we have the granddaughters here for lunch.

On a more pleasant note - we have a new dog. We collect him on Wednesday. His name is Freddie (race name Fozzie Flintstone), he's 3 1/2 and black with a couple of white tips. He's a pleasure to walk and very placid. Spent a huge amount of money getting things for him like treats, toys etc. The owner of the Retired Greyhound Trust remembered us from having Logan back in 2007 so that was good showing photos.

I might not be around tomorrow - I'm due to have a small local anaesthetic operation at the local hospital. Have to be there for 7am so not sure what time they are throwing me out.

@Cumberland how did it go with the dentist?

Enjoy your day

Hi

The dentist just took one tooth out
Had some stitches put in

All in all it wasn’t too bad

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

If it's any help regarding the right kind of breed? I've always found (in general.) Labs pretty sensible dogs.. If your concern is H&S for a child.